Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Driver Backrest (Read 7 times)
grandpa

Old but not cold!!!

Bartlett TN
Driver Backrest
03/12/07 at 22:44:30

I saw a post about 60 days ago with a link to a company with a driver's backrest. I have searched evey possible word combo and can not find it. Have got my bike pretty well set to ride hard this summer.however after a hard day at work the 30-40 minute commute kills my lower back. I make John1652 look small. Iam 5'11" and way to close to 300 lbs (I know, I know) Lose some so Suzi' doesn't have to grunt so hard. Been a lifelong struggle. But anyway the backrest, although not cool looking to me, will help my old degenerative disk hang in there. Does anyone know if it will work with the sportster seat. Have access to an '07 Dyna solo seat. Anyone tried this one??? Haven't seen that one yet. Thanks for any advise !!!

Blue '06, seat mod, K&N drop-in filter, desnorkeled, 55 pilot, 152.5 main, 1/3 spacer, dyna muff, factory bug shield, 11.5 Progressive rear shocks, debadged, fork boots, 110/90-19, 140/90-15
grandpa   IP Logged
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Re: Driver Backrest
Reply #1 - 03/13/07 at 05:30:46

Good Mornin Grin
Here's a link  http://www.protac.net/protac_business001.htm

1987 pet thingy, dyna muffler,dyna jet carb,K&N cone filter, still working on her!
  IP Logged
grandpa

Old but not cold!!!

Bartlett TN
Reply #2 - 03/13/07 at 07:34:58

Thanks Sparkett !! Just the one I was looking for!!

Blue '06, seat mod, K&N drop-in filter, desnorkeled, 55 pilot, 152.5 main, 1/3 spacer, dyna muff, factory bug shield, 11.5 Progressive rear shocks, debadged, fork boots, 110/90-19, 140/90-15
grandpa   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 03/13/07 at 20:54:04

grandpa wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Thanks Sparkett !! Just the one I was looking for!!
thats the one ive got on my 06 love it ...
did some mods and had some blunders..
didnt like the small pad it came with so modded a pad from my tombstone bag with xtra padding and a piece of plywood to mount to ..added a piece of 1/2 " sch 80 pvc between the back of the pad and the support frame
and have recently installed 1" set back extender blocks to the handlebar risers..still fine tuning ,thinkin of goin to 3/4" sch 80 pvc..
1st blunder i drilled the bottom ends of the support rod so i could tap and put bolts in thru the bottom of the rail mounts...broke the tap in the second hole and the bolt (on the tapped side)was a pain to get to with saddle bags on...dont need to bolt down it doesnt  fall up and out...  DUHH>>>
leads to second blunder remove (lift up!)back rest for passenger (or 30 pack of beer)loading.. dont tilt the whole thing forward it scratches the chrome off the side rails...
otherwise love the kick back ride for this old construction workers back!! specially with the pegs on the engine guard...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 15:57:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Driver Backrest

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.