Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
battery probs (Read 2 times)
crazy_diamond
Ex Member

battery probs
03/10/07 at 08:35:56

Hiya all ! i have a N reg ( 1990 ) 650 savage, it was imported from the usa.   ??? Im having probs with the battery.  It seems as though its not powerful enough to fire her up even after a major run out.  Would putting different switch gear on so i can turn the headlight off before starting her up help?  I cant help wondering if with the headlight coming on as soon as i turn the ignition on its putting a drain on the battery.  I only use good batterys.  Also where can i get some rails for some paniners, hein gerrick do some, but wont order them from germany for me. Shocked  Can anyone help with some tips please?!

IP Logged
allan
Ex Member

Re: battery probs
Reply #1 - 03/10/07 at 09:02:39

Have you made sure all connections are tight including all earths, check the one on the back of the engine just below and in front of the battery box exhaust side,
I have a P reg US spec and have no problems even after a couple of weeks standing.
if your on Ebay check these out.

allan.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 03/10/07 at 09:05:53

N=1992
Not that I doubt that the weren't some imports to the US, There is a gap from '89 to '95 when it wasn't sold in the US.
Sure, shutting down the headlight will help a bad battery.  But if you got a good one, then you have other problems.  There's a post for that, details how to upgrade yours to be like current model with a relay cutout for the headlight.
Check the tech section for instructions on making the saddle bag supports.  Otherwise Ebay usa has them available now.  Search for 'savage' and you'll find them.  As for export to UK, I don't know.

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #3 - 03/10/07 at 10:06:42

crazy_diamond wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
...Im having probs with the battery.  It seems as though its not powerful enough to fire her up even after a major run out.
... Also where can i get some rails for some paniners....
I was having trouble starting when I got my Y -- until I replaced the battery.  Standard lead-acid batteries don't stand up that well to the abuse of a motorcycle and need replacing every 3-5 years.

As for paniners, rails for, can't help you.  But if you're willing to cough up a a couple hundred Guineas I have been very pleased with my LeatherLykes.

WWW   IP Logged
crazy_diamond
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/11/07 at 08:57:16

: Smiley thanks guys ill take a look at your suggestions! Kiss

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com