Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: I need help (Read 1 times)
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Re: I need help
03/08/07 at 11:01:42

I would have to check all the connections going back there. Think hard about what all you messed with while fixing the busted tail light. Sometimes, we leave "bear traps" for ourselves.

IP Logged
Hiker
YaBB Newbies

Reply #1 - 03/08/07 at 12:38:10

Fixing the tail light amounted to a generous amount of duct tape to keep it on. It has worked for a month this way.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #2 - 03/08/07 at 12:44:11

Hiker wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
I have an 07 S40 with 1200 miles . A while back I bumped the doorway and broke my left side tail light. I cleaned it up and rode over the weekend. Tuesday was such a nice day I decided to ride to work. On the trip home I noticed that my turn signals didn't work. I looked closer and found out that with the key in the run position, front lights all worked, no flashers or blinkers though. No rear lights at all. with the key in the accessory position all thel lights work, headlight, tail ight, front and rear blinkers and flashers. What could this problem be?

With the key in the accessory position do they ALL work at once?

Don't have a schematic with the newer lighting like the flashers.  I think you better peal off the duct tape and go in there.

IP Logged
Hiker
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - 03/08/07 at 13:07:31

With the key in accessory everything works as it should. Flashers, right blinker, left blinker. with the key on run, the front running lights work but no rear lights, the brake light does work though.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 03/08/07 at 14:23:25

Did you disconnect the three wire plug from the ignition switch to do the work?  If so it may have been plugged in backwards upon reassembly.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #5 - 03/08/07 at 15:09:05

Serowbot wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Did you disconnect the three wire plug from the ignition switch to do the work?  If so it may have been plugged in backwards upon reassembly.

You sure?  I thought that all plugs were keyed for one direction only.

IP Logged
Hiker
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - 03/08/07 at 23:24:15

Only work I did was wrap the rear turnsignal in tape. I never sisconected anything.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #7 - 03/09/07 at 04:41:17

Only work I did was wrap the rear turnsignal in tape. I never sisconected anything.

One way or the other, I think that you need to now.  Doesn't sound like it has healed itself Tongue

IP Logged
EntropyofMe

Deuces neva loses!

On the road soon, I hope.
Reply #8 - 03/09/07 at 07:25:06

Fixing the tail light amounted to a generous amount of duct tape to keep it on. It has worked for a month this way.

what brand of duct tape was it?  i used duck brand.  they don't like cheap duct tapes (like U-Line), or the clear kind.  i think it's only black or grey.  i used metalic duct tape for a while with terrible results, so avoid that also- cloth only.  i know some people have used gaffers tape and electrical tape with some success, but i wouldn't risk it, personally.   Grin

i have no idea what i'm talking about.  really it's the caffeine talking.   Shocked

Black 2006 Savage40, no mods... yet.
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #9 - 03/09/07 at 12:56:06

EntropyofMe wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
what brand of duct tape was it?  i used duck brand.  they don't like cheap duct tapes (like U-Line), or the clear kind.  i think it's only black or grey.  i used metalic duct tape for a while with terrible results, so avoid that also- cloth only.  i know some people have used gaffers tape and electrical tape with some success, but i wouldn't risk it, personally.   Grin

i have no idea what i'm talking about.  really it's the caffeine talking.   Shocked

I hadn't thought of that.  There is also an Army green version of the Duck Duct tape.  Might be a better choice.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 01:39:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Re: I need help

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.