Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Streetfighter (pics and mods) (Read 124 times)
EntropyofMe

Deuces neva loses!

On the road soon, I hope.
Re: Streetfighter (pics and mods)
Reply #15 - 03/09/07 at 12:58:29

very nice!!!  i'm lovin the fork boots.

Black 2006 Savage40, no mods... yet.
WWW   IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #16 - 03/09/07 at 23:03:28

Serowbot wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Rockin_John,
I looked at the shocks on a 1400 suzuki and they look the same as the 800.  Not 100% sure but my guess is, yes they would fit the same.  The only thing I had to do is use a smaller diameter washer on the top shock mount because the nut is inset.
Best luck, Serowbot

I appreciate the info... I think the 1400 shocks may have a stiffer spring rate and shock rebound too, and that actually may be better suited to my weight. Plus I may be getting some extended front tubes, and the extra rear height might really help keep the geometry in check. Thanks!

IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #17 - 03/29/07 at 07:33:40

This gonna be a long story. I know that Suzuki use to have BLUE fork boots on their dirt bikes. Since I have blue metalic in my black paint, a blue ironcross seat patch and have chrome with blue rubber insert hand grips on BACKORDER, I would like to find some blue fork boots.I found just what I wanted in my sons Dennis Kirk book.Right diameter top and bottom, right length, only twelve pleats. Pretty picture of them in red or blue. Go to the order chart,only listed in black,WHAT? Call DK. No longer available. Go online to the company that makes them. Lets click product line,sub menu motorcycle. sub sub menu fork boots. Go down the list. Find right size, but doesn't mention color option. $18 a pair, click where to buy. Big list. Find one in Detroit. Turn off computer and call. Never heard of Daystar forkboots. Back on Daystar web site. Go through it all to get another place to call. Turn off computer, make another call. Never carried Daystar products. Back on Daystar web page, get phone number call Daystar. Tell them my story. Give them THEIR part # off THEIR web page and the dimensions. He tells me those are the wrong dimensions for that part #."Where did you get those dimensions?" he asks. I tell him "Your web site" He looks, can't argue with me. He tries to find a set to work, guess what? NO BLUE. They don't make them in blue anymore. Went to e-bay. NO BLUE. What was I saying about MY LUCK?. Looking for fork boots. 30-40mm top,55-59mm bottom, large pleat(8-12), 8-9" long, LIGHT BLUE. Any suggestions? HELP NEEDED.
Thanks in advance!!!    Hutch

you learn from your mistakes, and I've learned a lot
  IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #18 - 03/29/07 at 08:32:47

yo hutch,

fork boot thread

Any chance you can send or psot some pics of yr suicide clutch/jockey-tank shift setup?

V

IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #19 - 03/29/07 at 10:15:19

vroom1776 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
yo hutch,

fork boot thread

Any chance you can send or psot some pics of yr suicide clutch/jockey-tank shift setup?

V

I already tried bike bandit and dennis kirk,and e-bay, no luck.
If you put in a search for Suicide shift on Savage back in Jan. you will find a pic and how I did it. You must have missed it when first posted.Well out to the garage to pull the radiator out of my 1952 Farmall A tractor. Won't be long and the grass will be needing a haircut. $390 for a radiator and that don't include hoses and new belts. Always something!!!    Hutch

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #20 - 03/29/07 at 10:17:31

That's a great-looking bob.  You might consider yanking the front fender also.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
allan
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 03/29/07 at 12:40:28

Hutch wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Went to e-bay. NO BLUE. What was I saying about MY LUCK?. Looking for fork boots. 30-40mm top,55-59mm bottom, large pleat(8-12), 8-9" long, LIGHT BLUE. Any suggestions? HELP NEEDED.
Thanks in advance!!!    Hutch

Hutch have a look at these on Ebay UK size may not work,

he does worldwide, but will gladly help if I can

allan.

IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #22 - 03/29/07 at 16:06:26

Allan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Hutch have a look at these on Ebay UK size may not work,

he does worldwide, but will gladly help if I can

allan.

Wrong size top, wrong size bottom, wrong length, and to many pleats.  You see I have the same problem as Rockin_John, if it aint exactly what I want I will go without any, or make my own. Maybe he is right, it is a curse.  I guess we just know the look or function that we want and won't stop until it is perfect. Thanks for thinking of me though!!!  This is what I am looking for only in BLUE.  

These are Daystar series 234, but only come in black now. Figures!!! They make almost every other style in blue, except this one.   Hutch

IP Logged
firsts40

Proud PGR Member

South Mississippi
Reply #23 - 03/30/07 at 13:40:11

8)  Looks nice and clean.  You still kept the Savage look and did not butcher it.  I liked the bars and the seat, but I still like mine to sit low (old age makes it tough to get the legs up and over Smiley).  Over all I would get it an "A".

Ride safe

Dana from Misissippi
Riding with Respect
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #24 - 03/31/07 at 23:49:42

firsts40,
Getting rid of the rear pillion and sissy bar + stock rear turn signals, I can just walk onto my bike from the rear without even lifting a leg.  I'm only 5-7",  and no spring chickin'.
Glad and honored,  you like my bike otherwise.  If your feeling the years same as me the extra 2" rear suspension is worth the trade, believe  me.  Stock suspension is harsh on potholes.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #25 - 04/01/07 at 13:50:24

I finally found a company that had Daystar 234 series fork boots that Dennis Kirk didn't have. In blue. Those are the ones I wanted in the first place. I found them at Ride Gear.com  I should have ordered 2 sets, since Daystar doesn't make them in blue anymore, but I know I'm getting close to my card limit again. May be next month???   Thanks for all the help.   Hutch

IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #26 - 04/02/07 at 15:02:05

Read the fork boot thread. I knew something didn't look right in the pics of the fork boots. Most of them are the wrong ones and will not last for SEVERAL years like they should.   Hutch

IP Logged
theikeman

Live each day as if
it were your last

Gibsonton in South Florida
Reply #27 - 07/09/07 at 15:00:23

Can you tell me how you removed the stock rear fender?
Thanks

1996 Just bought it, Maroon, so much to do, so little time ... Future adds: Iridium, dyna muff, air filter mod, fork brace, 1 piece seat, carb mod and more
  IP Logged
onedivision
YaBB Newbies

'07 LS-650 - 1cyl.,
but they know my tag
#

St. Augustine
Reply #28 - 07/09/07 at 22:21:38

Fantastic Job! I love to see very creatively individualized rides. & this is certainly one of the finer ones I've seen. Wink Just keep on kickin' those 2 bangers, showin' 'em who's boss to 60 mph

customized front blinkers, custom pipe, carb. mods., including self-built mid booster, opened up airbox, K&N filter - more to come...
jkcbubba   IP Logged
BornOnFire
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 07/10/07 at 23:16:45

Hmmmm 2400ft. Drive to 9000ft. Sounds familiar. That would't be top of Lemmon would it? judging by the pics, you must be in the SW somewhere.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 16:51:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Streetfighter (pics and mods)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.