Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Mr. Hyde...again...with updated close ups (Read 7 times)
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Re: Mr. Hyde...again
Reply #15 - 02/22/07 at 19:49:12

Well, here's some close ups of some of the things I did with it.  

The speedometer is attached to a steel plate that is attached to the steel plate that the gas tank is attached to (which is attached at the regular rear mount, and U bolts hold it to the side supports).  I put it there so I could use the stock speedometer cable.  Necessity is the mother of invention, and all that...

Here's the license plate mount and lights.  See the lights for it?  They're the upper bolts.  LEDs.  Work great, so long as you can find 2 that don't short out.

The plate is held on by a couple of half round brackets that were hammered and cut to shape and fit.  The plate itself is steel, painted black, with some extra chrome trim around the edges.  It fits nicely onto the sissy bar.

And there's one more, just to get a general idea of how it looks with a person on it.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
john1652
Ex Member

Re: Mr. Hyde...again...with updated close ups
Reply #16 - 02/23/07 at 07:45:35

man it's beautiful. i always thought librarians  were geeks and it may be true but you are one who can build a bike. i want you to paint it black with flames and drag bars and then let me keep it for you in my temp controlled garage for a low low price.   just kiddin of course it is really nice man  good good job      john        ps tell your dad to grow a go--tee he would look really cool

IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Re: Mr. Hyde...again
Reply #17 - 02/23/07 at 15:08:38

Savage Librarian wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Here's the license plate mount and lights.  See the lights for it?  They're the upper bolts.  LEDs.  Work great, so long as you can find 2 that don't short out.

I hope I have solved that problem before it happens, won't know until I get to ride here in MI. I didn't like the way the two TINY wires are not kept from rubbing on the bolts they come out of. What I did was use a small o-ring on the wires. I slid the o-ring over the wires into the bolts. Because I use a license plate frame I also cut out a piece of the plate where the holes are. That way you only have to LOOSEN the light bolts and remove only the other two  bolts to change the plate sticker or plate. Everything gets covered up by the plate frame. That way you don't have to unhook your wiring unless you are replacing a light/bolt.

you learn from your mistakes, and I've learned a lot
  IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #18 - 02/23/07 at 16:17:34

john1652 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
i always thought librarians were geeks

Oh, don't worry, we're still mostly geeky.  My other hobbies include playing D&D, chess, and reading obscure history texts.

Hutch, I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one to have to deal with those things.  I ended up with two sets trying to get 2 that work.  A real pain in the neck.  But that's the way it goes.

Also, since posting these pics, I've swapped out the grips for blue metal flake ones.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #19 - 02/23/07 at 16:35:32

I didn't have a problem with mine cause I didn't like the design. I fixed the problem before it could happen. Why didn't they think of that, or do they just like selling you new ones??? They sure are a pretty blue though!!!!!

you learn from your mistakes, and I've learned a lot
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 23:08:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Mr. Hyde...again...with updated close ups

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.