Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Carb Rejetted.....F---- A!!!! (Read 7 times)
hunnus2000
Ex Member

Carb Rejetted.....F---- A!!!!
02/06/07 at 15:39:59

Well the rejet is a success!

Although the shop ordered the wrong K&N Filter (we'll have that on Friday) the bike is now PHENOMENAL!

Wifey has had her up to 65 in a stock configuration and she said the bike was gasping a little bit. But after the rejet WOW!
She was easily doing 70 on the highway and said that the bike was ready for more!

What a great bike!

BTW,

Our bike shop said that she could now easily do a wheelie.....I wonder how they know!  Grin

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Carb Rejetted.....F---- A!!!!
Reply #1 - 02/06/07 at 15:43:40

Another success story.

Now for the wheelie picture Smiley

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 02/06/07 at 16:00:07

i cant get above 85...maybe the sport shield or the gallon of ale in the saddle bags... Shocked

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #3 - 02/06/07 at 16:22:20

hunnus2000 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Well the rejet is a success!

Although the shop ordered the wrong K&N Filter (we'll have that on Friday) the bike is now PHENOMENAL!

Wifey has had her up to 65 in a stock configuration and she said the bike was gasping a little bit. But after the rejet WOW!
She was easily doing 70 on the highway and said that the bike was ready for more!

What a great bike!

BTW,

Our bike shop said that she could now easily do a wheelie.....I wonder how they know!  Grin

so you have it trap'd and tuned - wakes up that single pretty good huh?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/06/07 at 18:42:13

I bought a K&N slip in for mine. I thought I would faint when they told me the price. Was yours about $55.00?

I don't think I have mine tuned right, & I think there may be a small vac leak between carb & tank, & possible a very small leah in the pet  cokk, cuz it idles higher at times & lower, hard to figure, I'll mess with it more. I have a few main jets to try. & I intend to get a 55pilot. Any way, even without having it all the way tuned, it sometimes lifts the front when I am not trying. I Like that a lot. Hoping it gets better when I mess with it more..

IP Logged
Bri_Fri
YaBB Newbies

Young Gun

Homer, Alaska
Reply #5 - 02/06/07 at 19:02:40

I got my brand new slip in K&N for $35 on ebay  Grin

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #6 - 02/06/07 at 20:37:04

justin_o_guy wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
I bought a K&N slip in for mine. I thought I would faint when they told me the price. Was yours about $55.00?

I don't think I have mine tuned right, & I think there may be a small vac leak between carb & tank, & possible a very small leah in the pet  cokk, cuz it idles higher at times & lower, hard to figure, I'll mess with it more. I have a few main jets to try. & I intend to get a 55pilot. Any way, even without having it all the way tuned, it sometimes lifts the front when I am not trying. I Like that a lot. Hoping it gets better when I mess with it more..

Either way you can clean and reuse them.  Good deal.  Last time I checked I found $25+ for the OEM.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/06/07 at 20:48:45

My K&N showed up with a divot out of the seal that rides on the airbox. Wadda bummer. Took it back today. No receipt, the guys at the shop just took it & said I will have another one soon, maybe tomorrow. I'll bet that doesn't happen often,no idea how they snagged & ripped that seal lip. Just glad the guys at that shop are cool.

BRI You landed a hekkuva good deal! You should be grinnin!

Greg, Yea, I have 14,000 miles on the stock filter & I've cleaned it enough it's gettin ragged. The K&N is sposed to be good for tons O miles. It's abetter deal than replaceable filters, just costs a bit up front. I was just wondering if I got gigged.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #8 - 02/07/07 at 05:29:30

Yeah.  K&N's gonna get you once good because they know you aren't coming back Tongue

IP Logged
tbalam

I like my kids, but
I love my bike ;)

Fac o' the Sn
Reply #9 - 02/07/07 at 12:38:59

I just put in a K&N cone and she went lean. running a 152.5 main and stock pilot. was a little rich with the stock filter. anyone that had that problem when they switched air filters? and how many jet sizes did you have to move up?

Thanks

1996 Mirage paint, seat lift, 2 #4 washers, 155 main, 52.5 pilot. Removed pillon, belt guard, rear blinker mod, moved battery box. K&N cone, Chain conversion 17/43 (in process). Cam tensioner mod.
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #10 - 02/07/07 at 12:40:44

tbalam wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
I just put in a K&N cone and she went lean. running a 152.5 main and stock pilot. was a little rich with the stock filter. anyone that had that problem when they switched air filters? and how many jet sizes did you have to move up?

Thanks

Running lean at all speeds?

IP Logged
tbalam

I like my kids, but
I love my bike ;)

Fac o' the Sn
Reply #11 - 02/08/07 at 15:37:15

Yep, I'm pretty sure it's the extra air flow offered by the cone that's leaning it out. Just wanted to know if 1, 2, or 3 jet size jumps was normal after switching from stock filter.

Did I mention that i am pretty sure the PO never shnged the filter. So, i was rich just from the low flow through that filter.

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Running lean at all speeds?

1996 Mirage paint, seat lift, 2 #4 washers, 155 main, 52.5 pilot. Removed pillon, belt guard, rear blinker mod, moved battery box. K&N cone, Chain conversion 17/43 (in process). Cam tensioner mod.
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #12 - 02/08/07 at 15:43:45

tbalam wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:
Yep, I'm pretty sure it's the extra air flow offered by the cone that's leaning it out. Just wanted to know if 1, 2, or 3 jet size jumps was normal after switching from stock filter.

Did I mention that i am pretty sure the PO never shnged the filter. So, i was rich just from the low flow through that filter.

I would suggest just one.  Your flow has only improved to the maximum possible at the intake.

IP Logged
hunnus2000
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 02/13/07 at 16:27:22

justin_o_guy wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:02:

55.00? Errrr when it came in it was only $22.00  Roll Eyes

But they originally quoted 55.00 for the wrong model of K&N Suzuki 650. I too nearly choked when they told me 55.00 and was smiling when I only had to shell out 22.00.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 08:46:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carb Rejetted.....F---- A!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.