Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pictures of the inside of my carburetor (Read 5 times)
dewey
Ex Member

Pictures of the inside of my carburetor
01/11/07 at 12:03:53

While troubleshooting a performance problem, I decided to take my carb apart and look for problems, clean it, etc. The problem turned out not to be in the carburetor at all.

I took a lot of pictures while I was taking it apart, because I thought they might be a handy reference for putting it back together. Just in case anyone else is interested in what the insides of a stock savage carb looks like, here they are:

http://www.thinkythings.org/savage/carb.html

I think I've identified all the parts correctly. If I've goofed anything up too horribly, please let me know.

IP Logged
geo

I'm a Savage

Orlando
Re: Pictures of the inside of my carburetor
Reply #1 - 01/11/07 at 22:12:01

Did you inspect the piston bore for oily material?
If you have the carb apart, you must clean the piston and its bore of oily substances.
This problem was killing me until I found it.

Black 2002 Savage with SuperTrapp 13 discs, Dynajet Kit-DJ144, K&N drop-in, NGK-Iridium, Windscreen, Amsoil 10w-40, Metzeler ME880's
  IP Logged
dewey
Ex Member

Re: Pictures of the inside of my carburetor
Reply #2 - 01/12/07 at 12:43:07

I'm not certain what part the pison bore is, but I surely did soak down everything I could get to with carb cleaner. For the most part, nothing was very dirty, though.

My problem, I should mention, was with the vacuum hose (#38 in the picture, I think). It had a small hole in it, which was causing stalling when I went from high RPMs to idle. I had replaced it with a piece of brake hose that was the right inner diameter, but then I had a problem where it would cut out while cruising at constant RPM, possibly because the hose walls were thicker and caused a narrowing of the passage at the bends.

I replaced it with a stock hose, and now it runs pretty well. However, replacing that hose was after I tried everything else I could think of, including cleaning the carb.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:31:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Pictures of the inside of my carburetor

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.