Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
DARN BELT DRIVE NOT BUDGING NEED HELP (Read 13 times)
Bikemom28
Ex Member

DARN BELT DRIVE NOT BUDGING NEED HELP
01/08/07 at 09:57:33

I have a new engine to put on my bike but there is one problem holding me back the system that holds the belt drive in wont budge. I have an air wrench tool and at 130 psi it won't budge :'( any suggestions?

IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Re: DARN BELT DRIVE NOT BUDGING NEED HELP
Reply #1 - 01/08/07 at 10:04:46

Are you referring to the 32 mm nut on the front sprocket? If so, did you flatten the tab of the locking nut? I changed my belt last year, but I don't remember if the threads are reversed, I'll try to look it up in my Clymer's when I get home.

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/08/07 at 10:20:41

Since the pulley is on the left side & the top rotates to the front of the bike, if the nut was loose & just placed on it, no belt & the engine gunned, the direction of the shaft would tend to tighten the nut, all by itself, so it won't be left handed.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/08/07 at 10:25:17

Since the pulley is on the left side & the top rotates to the front of the bike, if the nut was loose & just placed on it, no belt & the engine gunned, the direction of the shaft would tend to tighten the nut, all by itself, so it won't be left handed.
Well, shouldn't be. There's no reason for it. Since the loads the nut encounters would tend to tighten it if it is normal, righty tighty stuff.

What's wrong with the old engine & what ya gonna do with it?

IP Logged
Phelonius
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/08/07 at 10:26:39

Aerokroil, it can penetrate into fissures as small as one millionth of an inch according to the manufacturer. I have used it to release some awefully stuck bolts.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/08/07 at 11:08:26

My husband decided to cut the bolt.  ShockedThank God we had a spare bolt. Grin The engine That is being replaced there is nothing wrong with it. Not sure what I am going to do with it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/08/07 at 11:13:11

I think having a spare engine would be very handy indeed. Why did ya replace it? If it's good enough to get around with it might be something I would want, just so I could stick it in & ride while I work on mine, when it's time to do the big stuff I don't want to be walking.

IP Logged
Phelonius
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 01/08/07 at 11:13:48

Bikemom28 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
My husband decided to cut the bolt.  ShockedThank God we had a spare bolt. Grin The engine That is being replaced there is nothing wrong with it. Not sure what I am going to do with it.

Build a whomping thumping Go-kart

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/08/07 at 11:35:02

Now there's a thought Grin. I might just keep it around to to have it as a back up engine. The luck I have had with cam chains :'(. Thank God I didn't drive it and the cam chain busted. It was rattling when we got it and We knew we had to replace the cam chain.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 01/08/07 at 11:52:02

If I had it I would spend the least $$$ I could on it to get it dependable . The I'd mothball it for when mine needed work that would down my bike for a few days. Then I would sawp & run the spare, fix the other & mothball that one till the spare needed work.Awww hekk yea, you got it goin ONN now! If you decide you would rather sell that engine, let me know what kinda $$$ you want. I'll think about it..for sure.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #10 - 01/08/07 at 12:04:17

I have a new engine to put on my bike but there is one problem holding me back the system that holds the belt drive in wont budge. I have an air wrench tool and at 130 psi it won't budge :'( any suggestions?

Is this fixed?

Though I'm not sure what the problem is.  Did he cut the bolt or the belt?

IP Logged
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 01/08/07 at 13:45:49

He cut the bolt. I wouln't dare cut the belt. I want my motorcyle to run and be drivable when were done. We did get the new engine in and now we have to figure out why the clutch inside the engine is not retracting like it's suppose to. Embarrassed

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #12 - 01/08/07 at 14:01:46

He cut the bolt. I wouln't dare cut the belt. I want my motorcyle to run and be drivable when were done. We did get the new engine in and now we have to figure out why the clutch inside the engine is not retracting like it's suppose to. Embarrassed

You mean the lever won't move?

IP Logged
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 01/08/07 at 15:22:41

No I mean it will move but it won't auto Retract. You can pull it in but it won't go back into place. Just like when you pull the clutch to shift gears and it automatically goes back it wont go back it stay's in the same spot once pulled it to shift gears clutch stay's engaged.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #14 - 01/08/07 at 15:50:52

No I mean it will move but it won't auto Retract. You can pull it in but it won't go back into place. Just like when you pull the clutch to shift gears and it automatically goes back it wont go back it stay's in the same spot once pulled it to shift gears clutch stay's engaged.

lube cable and connections, check clutch springs.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 22:18:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › DARN BELT DRIVE NOT BUDGING NEED HELP

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.