Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
DARN BELT DRIVE NOT BUDGING NEED HELP (Read 13 times)
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Re: DARN BELT DRIVE NOT BUDGING NEED HELP
Reply #15 - 01/08/07 at 16:46:17

That will be the next thing. I have plenty of time on my hands right now. I am supose to be on bed rest until the end of this week until they can regulate the blood pressure.

IP Logged
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Reply #16 - 01/08/07 at 18:26:19

If you have the Clymers book,  Look on page 160 fig.54. and 161 fig 57 for theclutch return spring AND the right location for it to work.  Cheesy
sparkett

1987 pet thingy, dyna muffler,dyna jet carb,K&N cone filter, still working on her!
  IP Logged
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 01/08/07 at 19:00:38

No haven't order the book yet.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 01/08/07 at 19:12:13

What happens if the clutch cable is disconnected from the engine end? This will isolate the problem to either the clutch cable being in need of maintenance/lube or something else, like the clutch spring referred to in the Sparkette

IP Logged
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 01/08/07 at 20:32:20

I know the cable is good. Were going to be lubing it first to see what happens.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #20 - 01/08/07 at 20:50:55

Bikemom28 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
I know the cable is good. Were going to be lubing it first to see what happens.

Not really enough info...did you pull it once and that was it?  Did it stay there or creep back?

How do you know that the cable is good?  It doesn't appear to work if it won't go back.  Worse case scenario would be a clutch problem but that's unlikely.

Follow what Sluggo and Justin suggested.  Loosen the cable to where you can remove it from the lever.  Then squirt WD40 into the end and let it run downhill to the clutch end.  Be generous.  Be messy.  Let it sit and see if it loosens up.  (Trying to see if it's just a stuck cable or a broken one).

If that doesn't work, pull both ends loose (at the clutch too) and see if the cable will move freely from both ends.  

You'll also be at the clutch actuator at this point and you will know if it's internal by the spring pressure.

As Sparkett said, I hope you have a manual too.

IP Logged
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 01/08/07 at 20:59:14

The clutch lever moves freely. Cable moves freely.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 01/08/07 at 21:02:45

I would still start by isolating the cable from the clutch actuator at the engine. That way it will be obvious where the problem lies in a matter of a minute. No messy oil all over the work area to contend with. If it's the cable, which will shock me because it's on a biuke that was being ridden & the clutch cable wasn't giving problems, or at least, not talked about here yet. So, my guess, based on what has been said is something to do with the clutch internally or something binding between the case & the actuator arm the cable attaches to.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #23 - 01/08/07 at 21:14:53

The clutch lever moves freely. Cable moves freely.

Are you saying that you already disconnected the cable, it moves freely and the clutch won't retract?  Is the clutch actuator at the transmission stuck UP?

Clutch won't retract where? Tongue

IP Logged
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 01/11/07 at 09:20:13

Sorry it took so long to get back. My lovely husband forgot to bleed the clutch plate for the fluids. That is what he is thinking is th problem. If that does not work He is going to disconnect the clutch cable from the engine. Hey Sprakett. TVR sent me a scan of the clutch cable figures you told me about. He is looking into that also. Will keep you all informed. Thanks Again all. Smiley

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #25 - 01/11/07 at 10:45:39

Yeah, please keep us updated.  I wanna hear about the clutch bleeding and how that works out.

IP Logged
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 01/11/07 at 11:39:36

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
Yeah, please keep us updated.  I wanna hear about the clutch bleeding and how that works out.

Okay  You know I don't know what I was thinking when I told you that we had to bleed the clutch. I know you were trying to be funny haha jokes on me. Embarrassed Sorry that is what My husband has to do for the truck. Sorry. Embarrassed We did how every find that the clutch was missing the return spring on the motorcyle. My Bad Sorry.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #27 - 01/11/07 at 12:19:19

Okay  You know I don't know what I was thinking when I told you that we had to bleed the clutch. I know you were trying to be funny haha jokes on me. Embarrassed Sorry that is what My husband has to do for the truck. Sorry. Embarrassed We did how every find that the clutch was missing the return spring on the motorcyle. My Bad Sorry.

Okay.  Yes, I was teasing...in a friendly way though.

But now I gotta ask, what return spring "on the motorcycle"?  The clutch has 4 springs.  Are you missing all of those?

IP Logged
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 01/11/07 at 12:30:49

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:01:
Okay.  Yes, I was teasing...in a friendly way though.

But now I gotta ask, what return spring "on the motorcycle"?  The clutch has 4 springs.  Are you missing all of those?

I know you were tasing in a freidnly way. The unhappy faces was embarssment. I couldn't belive I posted that. Yeah I am missing all 4 springs. It hadn't never dawned on me that there were no springs there. It was under my noise the whole time. CAN YOU BELIVE THAT! Shocked

IP Logged
Dr_Jim
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 01/11/07 at 12:38:00

-

« Last Edit: 12/23/07 at 20:12:24 by Dr_Jim »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home