Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Does this SuperTrapp fit? (Read 2 times)
ThumpinSquid
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Near Granite Falls & Robe, WA
Does this SuperTrapp fit?
01/05/07 at 20:56:09

Out of my way, I have to pee!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Re: Does this SuperTrapp fit?
Reply #1 - 01/05/07 at 21:13:21

I would take 'em up on this offer..1-800-230-3030 or 1-330-630-3030 if ya have any questions. IF it fits & is tunable then thats a deal. Not as sexy to look at as the megaphone, IMO, but, I woulda bought it if I had known about it , all else being equal.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #2 - 01/07/07 at 06:57:10

Something about the picture bothers me.

That pipe is shown as if mounted on the left side.  Unless the picture is flipped, that would put the Trapp logo upside down on the right side of the Savage.  Is the logo on both sides?

And what about the rear mounting?

IP Logged
smokin_blue
Serious Thumper

From Cafes to
Streetfighters! I
build them all!

St. Paul, MN
Reply #3 - 01/07/07 at 11:31:09

That looks like the standard 3.5 in universal with the optional reverse cone end piece on it.  I was looking at that for my cafe project but I am probably going to go with a totally different muffler all together.  If I remember correctly it is their internal disc system they use on their sport bike systems and auto systems.  Take a look at the supertrapp website.  You should be able to find it under "universal"

Smokin Blue

WWW   IP Logged
smokin_blue
Serious Thumper

From Cafes to
Streetfighters! I
build them all!

St. Paul, MN
Reply #4 - 01/07/07 at 11:34:09

Yup here it is....

http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/detail.asp?CatID=28&ItemID=358-1719

The summit number is actually the supertrapp number.

I would call supertrapp if you really want the details!

SB

PS: MSRP of $242...ya right...plenty of discount houses for that.  

PSS: you might need to make a mounting bracket..hard to say.. that is where a call to S-trapp would be good.

WWW   IP Logged
barb36jack31
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Heathrow, FL
Reply #5 - 01/07/07 at 14:16:40

It looks like a "Universal" type application.  For a few bucks more you can have the specific SuperTrapp for the LS650/S40.  I have one installed and it is awsome!  A few months down the road and the difference in price will be a distant memory.  

Jack H.

05 S40 , air needle adjustment, white spacer, 152.5 main jet, K&N filter, SuperTrapp muffler, Progressive shocks , sissy bar off
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #6 - 01/07/07 at 16:04:25

Still if you want to go with this, a large stainless steel hose clamp will mount the muffler to the bracket for the savage very securely. That is how mine is mounted, actually have 2 as the heat shield that came with the sportster muffler I tried first uses 2 clamps to hold it on and I just used both them. This muffler probably won't be as light as the stainless ST Savage version, but lighter than the OE one. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
ThumpinSquid
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 01/07/07 at 19:57:44

Thanks for the input everybody! I was looking at this one because it's from their "Silent" series, and I have good relations with my neighbors and want to keep it that way, and also because it looks a lot like the stock muffler, which I also like. Sleepers are cool. The fact that it's cheaper is nice too. Grin

Max, you're running this muffler? How do you like the sound? If you started it up at 4 in the morning to ride to work, would it bother your neighbors?

Thanks again everyone!

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #8 - 01/07/07 at 21:18:24

Nope, running a HD FXD/F (I think that is a /dyna WG)  glasspac that was claimed to be a Screaming Eagle part, but I think not as it has a sturdy center baffle. I got the set at a HD shop on sale? after trying many exhaust options.  I live in the country so it is hard to tell if it would be noisy in a urban environment. however, I've not been looked at in badly when I've started at motels on trips about 8AM, nor has anyone ever commented on being noisy. My kid brother said it is not real quiet at WFO going up hills when he is behind me, but he was on his HD Road King so I don't know haw he could tell. In any case I'd think the cone on the end would hep to minimize the noise as any muffler with a smaller outlet seems quieter to me. I also think you may have to use the adapter to kick the muffler out and get it so it doesn't blast the rear brake mechanism like some do. Years ago I asked the ST folks online about using that type muffler and they said it wouldn't work, but maybe they wanted to sell me the Savage version for more money. Historically the opening taper was supposed to help with lower engine speed torque. They used to have a dyno graph on the St web site that supported that theory. If you do a search on this site, you will find the KLX driver has some experience in building performance exhausts with good results. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
ThumpinSquid
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 01/07/07 at 21:34:39

Thanks Max!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:26:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Does this SuperTrapp fit?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.