Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Buying Long Extended Fork Tubes (Read 6 times)
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Buying Long Extended Fork Tubes
12/25/06 at 21:43:35

I know long and extended are redundant, but I did the subject that way for possible future searches.

Just wanting to pick the collective minds of the group on probable sources for extended fork tubes. At this point I'm not interested in an entire chopper kit with the bolt-on frame pieces and t-trees. (Don't really care for the "wide" look anyways.) Just looking for some extended tubes and springs/spacers.

Other than trying one of the chopper kit companies like AME or Seeger, or Forking by Frank (been around forever) does anyone have any reasonable and reliable source?

Thanks and regards,  John

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Re: Buying Long Extended Fork Tubes
Reply #1 - 12/26/06 at 01:02:50

How long you wantin 'em? The pics of that guys bike in Fla.? sure had 'em out there looking good.Not soemthing I would want for me but it sure looks good. Didn't he just put longer springs in the forks?

IP Logged
jrm8486 FSO X2
Serious Thumper

ride it like you
stole it!

Spring Hill FL.
Reply #2 - 12/26/06 at 04:36:56

I have the Seeger kit with 8" over tube, the kit includes raked triple trees, if you just put on longer tubes its just going to raise your frontend and give you steering problems.

IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #3 - 12/26/06 at 06:31:17

jrm8486 FSO X2 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
I have the Seeger kit with 8" over tube, the kit includes raked triple trees, if you just put on longer tubes its just going to raise your frontend and give you steering problems.

There's a couple of ways to avoid geometry problems without paying all the money for those kits (those kits cost more than my bike did).

(1) Raise the rear a couple of inches with shocks and tires, and only add 4" or so to the front. Trail stays within reasonable dimension.

(2) Cut and Rake frame the old school way. Allows possibility of stretching frame for bigger / custom tank while doing it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 09:11:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Buying Long Extended Fork Tubes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.