Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Air filter Cones (Read 16 times)
Five_Points

Columbus, OH
Air filter Cones
12/21/06 at 06:04:56

Sorry to bring this up again. I have read everything I can find regarding the Cone Air Filter mod, where you remove the old air box, install an air filter on the carb, and a breather filter on the crank case vent. Is that pretty much it? Will I need to move the battery or anything else?

Also, I ahve read a couple conflicting things regarding the cone filter size. A lot of people have said that the K&N RC-1250 (57mm) is the correct size, but others say that a 60mm cone filter is what you need. Can someone clairify for me?

Again, sorry to drag this back up again, I just want to be sure before I start buying and removing things.

Thanks
Tim

WWW   IP Logged
Five_Points

Columbus, OH
Re: Air filter Cones
Reply #1 - 12/21/06 at 08:35:40

Here's the thread that has me confused. lancers post regarding the carb measurement, then the filter measurement has me rubbing my head as to which sized filter to buy:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

WWW   IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/21/06 at 10:43:09

I rememebr I bought a 60mm off ebay a long time ago.  very snug but it fit.  Only cost like 15.00 too.

IP Logged
SAMM
Serious Thumper

No lay down crotch
rocket for me

Portland Oregon
Reply #3 - 12/21/06 at 10:54:04

I just went out and looked at the box mine came in and it is a K&N filter #  R 1260         The RC stands for crome  Mine is all black including the cone...  I had no prob installing it... it fits perfectly

My Bike My Mistress ( so my wife calls her )
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 03:20:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Air filter Cones

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.