Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I hope I have done well (Read 10 times)
Ray_in_Kingwood
Ex Member

I hope I have done well
12/17/06 at 06:26:45

Yesterday I purchased a 2002 model with an original 1014 miles. Doggone thing looks brand new. I bought it for my sons first bike. I decided on this one as a first bike for him. It obviously runs and drives perfect. They had a little lether saddlebag thing with it. First of the menu is an oil change.
The owners originally asked 2500 for it.....I had cash so I got it for 1900. I feel good about the deal.....I'll post a few pics after she gets a bath.  It was dusty from settin in the back of the garage. Its a pretty silver color.
My own bike is a Gold Wing....this one is far too big for my 16 year old to learn on....this should suffice till he gets comfortable.........Ridin it the 20 miles home last night....this thing is FUN......my last thumper was a TT500 Yamaha some 25 years ago.......with a kick start and a compression release......The electric start is nice....Its got plenty of power....A great place to start on a bike. After reading all the positive things about the bike on this forum and all the positive reviews.......I feel comfortable I made the correct  decision.. Grin

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: I hope I have done well
Reply #1 - 12/17/06 at 06:32:38

Sounds like you made a fine deal on fine ride! - welcome aboard - by the way kingwood in what state?

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #2 - 12/17/06 at 06:36:57

very nice deal.Is your son going to learn to wrench on this bike.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Ray_in_Kingwood
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/17/06 at 06:46:37

Kingwood is north of Houston texas.......as far as learning to wrench.....just the oil change.......it should not need anything else.
I plan on using a premium brand of 20-50 weight per what I have read here on the forum. Glad I did cuz I was just gonna use Mobile One...

I also plan to find myself the biggest baddest battery for it I can get. Any recommendations are appreciated. Its the original one thats in it now.......I just rather have him a new one since there is no darn kick start..

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #4 - 12/17/06 at 06:52:13

Was wondering if you meant that kingwood - west of houston myself.

I've used 20w/50 mobil 1 v-twin here in the summer and 10w/40 mx4t M1 winter (believe they have changed it's name now)

Search on the Bigcrank battery here - sealed AGM, no vent tube.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/17/06 at 07:15:20

What a lucky kid. Ya'll have fun.( Don't let him read this.) I ride the pants off of mine & it seems to be holding up beautifully with just over 13,000  milkes on it. No smoke, no weird sounds, just twist & rip! Y'all have fun..When he graduates to a bigger bike there is a marketplace here to advertise on.

IP Logged
smokey02

Time flies like an
arrow, fruit flies
like bananas

Alta Loma, California
Reply #6 - 12/17/06 at 10:40:24

Great deal for a fun bike
I got this battery at BigCrank.com
have to bend one of the terminal tabs on your cable
(new batt term is wider)
but otherwise fits fine, works great, no vent tube, no maint.

http://www.bigcrank.com/motorcyclebatteries.mv?p=BIG-ETX15L

Maroon 96, HD turnout, Iridium, TKat brace, Big Crank, seat lift, Narva +50 w/ yellow filter in a XV920 9
WWW   IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/17/06 at 17:43:59

sounds like you did well on the deal. you also bought a great bike for your son - not just to learn on but ride for many a day!

think you are wise to do oil change (make sure you do filter change too) & leave it @ that (I'm assuming belt is aligned/correct tension). many on this site do all sorts of things to do their bike (me included - though many more than me). but reckon in your son's case (& yours) it can well be "leave well enough alone."

you could even leave the battery for a couple of years if it is checked once in a while. when it is time though agree with recommendation for AGM Big Crank (don't know what my battery is other than new & sealed - came on my (used) bike.

IP Logged
geo

I'm a Savage

Orlando
Reply #8 - 12/17/06 at 22:24:40

Wow! You stole the thing at $1900.
I need a small pickup truck, can you find me a deal like that?

Black 2002 Savage with SuperTrapp 13 discs, Dynajet Kit-DJ144, K&N drop-in, NGK-Iridium, Windscreen, Amsoil 10w-40, Metzeler ME880's
  IP Logged
bwlinux
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12/18/06 at 16:40:00

I thought I got a good deal at $2k on a '97 with <6K on it but you got a killer deal.

Glad to see there's another rider in the Houston area. We're down here in Sugar Land.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #10 - 12/18/06 at 17:47:10

Sounds like a great deal to me.  I 2nd the thought on an AGM battery.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Ray_in_Kingwood
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 12/18/06 at 19:25:44

Went to the courthouse today and changed over registration, taxes and all it was 125 bux. Tommorow I'll get it inspected........12 bux......Motorcycle safety course for my son.........Mandatory I wont let him ride till completed.
Thats another 180 bux. 8 hours classroom and 8 hours on a bike that they provide....( Honda Rebels)

Till then it will set in the garage. Thems the rulz.

THEN  I will take him in the country to observe myself his progress on a long ride with me on 'da Goldwing.
Yup ....I am a pain in the ass on this but he is my only boy and I wanna keep him.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #12 - 12/18/06 at 19:28:49

Ain't nothin' wrong with bein' sure your boy is safe.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #13 - 12/18/06 at 20:44:47

bwlinux wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
I thought I got a good deal at $2k on a '97 with <6K on it but you got a killer deal.

Glad to see there's another rider in the Houston area. We're down here in Sugar Land.

Sugar Land? Wow, that brings back memories. I grew up there. Born in Houston, long ago.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #14 - 12/19/06 at 05:45:34

Hmmm, I remember when they were filming Sugarland Express and they filmed part of it in the town in which I grew up... Converse.  They had a crash scene right in front of Gilmer's Fina station.  I was in elementary school and fell in love with Goldie Hawn at that point.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 14:41:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I hope I have done well

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.