Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
wires wires everywhere (Read 10 times)
SeeAPierce
2005 No Login

California
wires wires everywhere
12/02/06 at 11:31:12

I took the wiring diagram that was scanned and posted here and drew it up in AutoCAD, then created a  large pdf.  I don't actually have the Clymers (on order).  So if you folks can check this for accuracy, I can change it and have it available for anyone who might want it.  There were some thing that I couldn't make out on the scan, so I did "best guess".  This drawing can be taken to Kinkos and printed as large as you need it (I have a 24x36 here that is nice and easy to read...)

The color coding of lines has nothing to do with the colors of wires...if you're interested:
Green - ground
red - hot
magenta is hot switched from key
lavender is hot switched from other switch (signals, etc)
yellow is from ignitor and/or regulator
blue is the complete starting circuit (which is why I started into this.)

There are other little notes I made for myself as well...

Anyway - please comment if you find anything not correct.

I can make the AutoCAD file available as well...

http://members.aol.com/seeapierce/miscjunk/savagewires.pdf

'06 S40 green: sporty muff & 10 degree adapter 155 main jet, 1/2 white spacer, open filter, bar end turn signals
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Re: wires wires everywhere
Reply #1 - 12/02/06 at 12:48:00

That's going to really help I hope. I am ahving an intermittent "No crank" situation. Cranks right up cold & sometimes dies a few miles down the road & won't crank for a few minutes. This just may help0 me win that. Thanks,,

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #2 - 12/02/06 at 13:41:47

Smiley Hey Pierce! I too am an AutoCAD user ... use it to design and layout ventilation and air conditioning systems for buildings ... boring as hell, but it pays the bills and puts my girls thru school ... designin' Bikes n' stuff is prolly a lot more interesting!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/02/06 at 14:14:09

Now the bike starts with the kickstand down & the clutch switch wire disconnected in first gear. Thanbks to that diagram all I needed was 2 saddle taps. Didn't even have to use the ohm meter. Nice. I didn't bypass the kickstand switch. I bypassed the kickstand relay. Didn't have to mess with the diode at all.

IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #4 - 12/02/06 at 16:54:19

Quote:
Now the bike starts with the kickstand down & the clutch switch wire disconnected in first gear. Thanbks to that diagram all I needed was 2 saddle taps. Didn't even have to use the ohm meter. Nice. I didn't bypass the kickstand switch. I bypassed the kickstand relay. Didn't have to mess with the diode at all.  

Can you give a step-by-step with pictures?   Grin
I'm interested in this mod myself...

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/02/06 at 17:33:31

I am a professional Luddite so I can't provide the pics, but it is so easy I can explain it I think. Pop the tank off & look on the left side near the coil. There is a small relay below the coil, it is an Omron G8MS-S23
                                   12-V
                               03Z4D6

It says on mine.  There are 4 wires. Look at the diagram by Pierce. I shorted the 2 wires using a saddle tap. It would be better to cut & splice using solder but I am just checking to see if this solves my intermittent "No crank" problem. If so I will make it permanent.

The wires on the clutch switch come through a connector that is just above the coil. I stuck another saddle tap there. Saddle taps are found at any parts house. Cheap & easy to use. If you need more details I will do my best.Good Luck,,

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/17/24 at 12:29:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › wires wires everywhere

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.