Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Airbox removal with misc hoses? (Read 7 times)
Hashbrown

What can brown do
for you!

Nashua, NH
Airbox removal with misc hoses?
11/27/06 at 11:39:04

Ok, here is the situation at hand...I finally got down to modding and rejetting my carb and installing the cone filter.  After a painstaking process of yanking out the airbox (picture me barbarically holding airbox in air with oil dripping on my face) Grin i reinstalled the carb with the new cone filter.  This might have been premature because i dont think i can get the side covers on without the airbox.  This wouldnt have been a problem if i hadnt accidently run over the airbox with my car.  Undecided.  On top of that, I have a few hoses that i have no clue where they went.  This includes the large hose comming out of the engine and two coming out of the carb.  I connected the fuel hoses to the carb and got the bike running.

So, my question to you is, can i put the side covers on without the airbox?  And, what the heck to i do with the rest of my hoses?  

Thanks,

Aatif

What can brown do for you!
aatif96   IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Re: Airbox removal with misc hoses?
Reply #1 - 11/27/06 at 11:48:26

Ok those 3 hoses are tucked into the frame.  One is the breather for the crankcase I believe and the other two are for the carb.

U can connect the side panels but u need to make a mount for it.  I would be tempted to see if ur airbox will fit so u can put the side panels on easier.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 11/27/06 at 11:54:30

What he said.  Also, a lot of folks opt for a small air filter on the end of the crankcase breather tube.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Hashbrown

What can brown do
for you!

Nashua, NH
Reply #3 - 11/27/06 at 11:59:18

where do i get a filter for the breather hose.  Could i use a peice of cheese cloth or coffee filter and wrap it around the end of the hose?  And will it do any damage to the bike by leaving those hoses open at the end?

aatif96   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #4 - 11/27/06 at 12:23:34

The carb vents are just that vents - the head breather blows air out when the piston goes down and sucks it back in when the piston goes up - yes it is very important to have this air flitered otherwise your going to make mud in the crankcase

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #5 - 11/27/06 at 15:17:24

Try a inline fuel filter for the crankcase breather hose. They are cheep and easy to get at Lowes or any other lawn and garden store that carries power equipment. In fact get two and put the other in you fuel line to keep crud out of the carb.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
jrm8486 FSO X2
Serious Thumper

ride it like you
stole it!

Spring Hill FL.
Reply #6 - 11/27/06 at 17:53:07

Bought my breather filter at Advanced Auto, right in where the chrome goodies are for tuner cars. It fit perfect with a small hose clamp.

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #7 - 11/28/06 at 01:54:05

This is KLX's breather filter, it comes from the head and only just clears everything,only just is good enough.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Hashbrown

What can brown do
for you!

Nashua, NH
Reply #8 - 11/28/06 at 06:17:55

Thanks alot guys, i was freaking out a little when i saw a bunch of hoses sticking out of the bike.  Can i hide the carb vent hoses under the frame and not worry about them or do i need something for that too?  Ill post some pics of her when she is complete.

Aatif

aatif96   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 15:40:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Airbox removal with misc hoses?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.