Send Topic Print
Severe Weather Warning! (Read 3 times)
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Severe Weather Warning!
11/26/06 at 21:04:35

Checking Yahoo! Weather for Gardena, California -- they have a "Severe Weather Alert» Read More " near the top of the page.   So I click and read more.....

Quote:
A WEAK STORM SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO BRING RAIN AND MOUNTAIN SNOW....

MOST OF THE FORECAST AREA IS EXPECTED TO RECEIVE BETWEEN ONE TENTH AND ONE QUARTER OF AN INCH OF RAIN WITH THIS STORM SYSTEM...BUT LOCAL AMOUNTS UP TO ONE HALF INCH WILL BE POSSIBLE IN THE MOUNTAINS AND NORTHERN SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY.

THIS SYSTEM WILL LIKELY BRING THE FIRST MOUNTAIN SNOW TO MANY OF THE ESORTS...WHICH A FEW INCHES OF ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE AT THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS.

I love living in SoCal -- where the threat of a quarter inch of rain is a "Severe Weather Warning."  If it ain't actually raining when I leave for work tomorrow I'll be ridin in spite of the warnings.

WWW   IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Re: Severe Weather Warning!
Reply #1 - 11/27/06 at 18:53:29

1/4" of rain? What's that? I can ride in a 1/4" of rain and not even get wet. We have that much water in the air all the time here. We here in NC like to call it humidity.

Ride in it brother, be worried not by the drops of sunshine but by the cagers that almost surly have no clue as to how to handle a 4 wheeled vehicle on a wet road.

Thank God they don't all drive Hummers!

WWW   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 11/27/06 at 19:08:30

its here in the rockies now up to 3' of snow expected in the high country..supossed to clear out by sat. for the toys for tots run...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Fido_the_Cat

" If you don't
ask, They can't say
no!"

Harrisburg PA
Reply #3 - 11/27/06 at 20:40:49

steelwolf wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
1/4" of rain? We here in NC like to call it humidity.

Ride in it brother, be worried not by the drops of sunshine but by the cagers that almost surly have no clue as to how to handle a 4 wheeled vehicle on a wet road.

Funny howEVERY year the stupid people have to re-learn ( cause I don't think they ever really "Get It") how to operate their vehicles in bad weather. Even that escapes me.
I don't speak ill of those that are challenged by handicap, age, who just can't make ends meet; Those ignorant, self- rightious, dimwits, that jump out of the car, yelling its someone elses fault in a one car accident. How did we ever allow them on the road.
 Thanks..... I'm done for now....

Follow me into the twisties.... I'll wait for you on the other side.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 11/27/06 at 22:15:38

They do not learn.  It was raining this morning so I took the cage -- for a four mile ride a few days a year it isn't worth getting rain gear, and I don't need to arrive at work in soaking wet clothes.  Not to mention that First Rain lifts the oil off the pavement and makes for extra slippery conditions:

The white pickup was beside me at the light and spun his wheels taking off.  Anywhere else, a 1/10" to 1/4" of rain would not be considered "severe weather" -- but in SoCal the idiots do not compensate and slip-slide into each other.

WWW   IP Logged
smokey02

Time flies like an
arrow, fruit flies
like bananas

Alta Loma, California
Reply #5 - 11/28/06 at 03:31:04

I saw that severe wx warning yesterday morning too, but I rode to
work anyway. Barely a sprinkle at 6am in Chino.

Biggest worry about So.Cal rain is the cagers with their shot windshield
wipers blades that they never replace.

Maroon 96, HD turnout, Iridium, TKat brace, Big Crank, seat lift, Narva +50 w/ yellow filter in a XV920 9
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 13:11:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Severe Weather Warning!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.