Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mounting Saddlebag Supports (Read 15 times)
bon050705
Ex Member

Mounting Saddlebag Supports
11/26/06 at 12:30:54

Just bought some suzuki saddlebag supports for my 2007 S40.  No mounting hardware or instructions included.  Any assistance someone could give on mounting these would be appreciated.

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Re: Mounting Saddlebag Supports
Reply #1 - 11/26/06 at 12:55:41

Huh??? When I bought my from dealer, it has all of the mounting bolts(4--longer maybe 1/2"). Where did you buy this from?

Anywhoo, here are 2 picture of my installed

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
Steve530
2005 No Login

Knoxville, TN
Re: Mounting Saddlebag Supports
Reply #2 - 11/26/06 at 13:00:46

There are two supports.  I assume you got the ones for you 2007 S40 instead of the earlier Savage.

If I'm not mistaken, the supports attach to the bike with the middle and forward side rail bolts. You have to remove the bolts, put the bolt through holes in the support, and replace the bolts.  It can be a bit of a tight squeeze under there, it helps to jack up the bike if you can.  A ratcheting box end wrench helps a lot.    

Note the supports are mirror images, one goes on the left and one on the right. I think horizontal part should be close to level when properly attached.  You'll know it's not right if you get it on the wrong side.

On my Savage, the left side center bolt head scraped the tire with the supports installed.  I had to use a button head allen socket bolt for extra clearance.  Seems my rear wheel is not centered in the frame, although the belt is aligned.  I do not think this is uncommon, but hopefully you will not have this problem.  

Steve

'97 Black / 1/2 white spacer
155 main jet / 55 pilot jet / Dyna muffler
snorkel removed / K&N drop in / seat raised
Slipstreamer SS30 windshield
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 20:21:20