Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
blue flame in the tailpipe (Read 1 times)
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

blue flame in the tailpipe
11/22/06 at 05:27:46

debby and i went on a ride last night with a small group, 30 miles each way and a dinner stop. it was beautiful evening, we had an awesome clear star lit sky, the temp was mid 60's when we left upper 50's when we returned.  5 bikes riding staggered, i took up the rear, behind debby. on our return trip, i noticed under steady throttle, a steady blue flame right at the end of her exhaust pipe, it looked pretty cool, kinda like an after burner. naturally there were lots of flames and sparks when she backed out of the throttle too, but i thought the after burner was neat.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
luken

Mesa, az
Re: blue flame in the tailpipe
Reply #1 - 11/22/06 at 07:09:06

I have that too.  I just noticed it now because its dark when I ride in to work.  Mine only happens (that I know of) when I'm idling.  I Guess that means I'm too rich?  My drum is caking black because of it.  I really need to get a turnout.  

It kinda makes me feel self conscious on the road.  Sitting there in traffic, everyone is looking at the fire blowing out the back of my bike.

Black 02, 55 pilot 155 main, 1/2 spacer, seat mod, sporty muff, air pod.
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: blue flame in the tailpipe
Reply #2 - 11/22/06 at 09:20:48

i to have a blue flame out my tailpipe, but i've not seen it on my savage.  Shocked  8)

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 14:28:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › blue flame in the tailpipe

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.