Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Closer to ridable...
11/20/06 at 18:30:15

Each day sees a few more parts find their way home. I have new fork seals and gaiters in a box on the patio. New fork oil is in the back of the car (Dexron Mercon ATF, and if it is too lightweight, ND30 motor oil). My solo seat is in the house, along with hairpin AND 3" barrel springs, and the brackets to bolt down the tank mount and seat.

The struts are at Felony Flyers, a local traditional custom shop that IS on the web, to have the end holes enlarged (for the cost of a 9/16" drill bit). When I get them back, I can choose between the current fender (Rebel with undertail cateye light) or the traditional FL rear with beehive taillight and curved plate mount. Leaning toward the FL fender, a high stainless steel "chick stick" off a 1970s chopper, and a nice little pillion pad. Yep, it will be 2 up, I'm looking at selling the Vulcan.

The new muffler/tailpipe combo is picked out. The exisiting system looks and sounds terrible. Never should have put a stick stopper (slip in baffle) in it.

Now for the harder decisions...Go back to Kubota Type 2 Orange? Stick with the metallic Oakland Orange (looks good, but is fragile)? Use up the left-over British Racing Green from my truck? Cobalt pearl-microflake to go with the other truck?  Flamed or scalloped or striped? Black or colored frame? Smooth or ball milled headlight and turn signals (already has a smooth headlight). Signal delete? Already has a speedometer delete...

Too many choices... Wink
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Closer to ridable...
Reply #1 - 11/21/06 at 00:31:39

Can't wait to see it when it's done WD! As for paint? Well you couldn't go wrong with a nice flat-black with white pin stripe flame job IMHO!
Goes without sayin' that ya gotta post pics (but then I guess I just said it didn't I?  Wink )
Good luck with the mods man!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 04:21:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Closer to ridable...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.