Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SaddleBag Install (Read 10 times)
hunnus2000
Ex Member

SaddleBag Install
11/19/06 at 01:18:33

Hello all.

I'm new to the site and thankful that this place even exists! My wife and I stumbled on to the S40 (2006) and she absolutley LOVES the bike! She is 5'1 so the S40 is a perfect fit for her and a natural step up from the 250 she learned on. She actually loves is when it does bakcfire and gets a big grin on her face but I think she wants a louder pipe.

Anyway, has anyone installed saddle bags? We purchased the bags from the dealer with the idea that they would go under the seat. The problem is that when I look under the seat, there's looks to be engine parts and wires. I'm not sure what to do about this as the over the seat option doesn't look as good.

Thanks so much!

IP Logged
grandpa

Old but not cold!!!

Bartlett TN
Re: SaddleBag Install
Reply #1 - 11/19/06 at 03:27:38

I bought a used '06 about a month ago. It had the factory bags from the previous owner. The bags run under the seat. Makes it a little harder getting the rear seat screw down but it's OK. Be carefull of the exhaust pipe. You need to use all of the velcro area. I assume the strap is to keep the velcro from creeping. Mine wasn't set up right. My first trip of any lenght I kept thinking my shoe was on the exhaust but it was the tab on the bottom of the right bag had melted down. Wecome aboard!!! Love my '06 so far!!! Grin

Blue '06, seat mod, K&N drop-in filter, desnorkeled, 55 pilot, 152.5 main, 1/3 spacer, dyna muff, factory bug shield, 11.5 Progressive rear shocks, debadged, fork boots, 110/90-19, 140/90-15
grandpa   IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #2 - 11/19/06 at 09:51:19

I installed some throw over bags on mine. took the seat off laid it over the electronics bolted the seat back. I have had no problems.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
hunnus2000
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/19/06 at 12:38:31

Thanks for both of your responses!

Brewbro,

I did lift up the back seat and viewed the electronic piece and that's what scared me. I guess it's OK to install right over it as you did. It seems a little strange but if that's how you did then cool!

BTW, to take the seat off, it's the one back hex screw and two bolts on either side of the seat. Correct?

Thanks again!!

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #4 - 11/19/06 at 12:46:02

hunnus2000 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
Thanks for both of your responses!

Brewbro,

I did lift up the back seat and viewed the electronic piece and that's what scared me. I guess it's OK to install right over it as you did. It seems a little strange but if that's how you did then cool!

BTW, to take the seat off, it's the one back hex screw and two bolts on either side of the seat. Correct?

Thanks again!!

Thats correct.

No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
hunnus2000
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/19/06 at 13:18:27

OK I just got them installed with the exception of the back screw and the tie downs. The back screw will take patience and finesse. What did you use for Tie-Downs?

Thanks again!

IP Logged
hunnus2000
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/19/06 at 14:03:20

OK,

Had to back out! I couldn't get the back screw in and realized that in the process I had broken the left tail turn indicator so now I need to ride up to the dealership and have them replace it. ARRRRRRGGGGG!

Angry

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #7 - 11/19/06 at 14:15:33

hunnus2000 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
OK I just got them installed with the exception of the back screw and the tie downs. The back screw will take patience and finesse. What did you use for Tie-Downs?

Thanks again!

If your refering to the tiedowns for the saddle bags, I punched a hole in the lower back of my bags and ran a peice of leather through the hole and knoted it on the inside. then chose a place to tie it off the the frame.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 15:33:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › SaddleBag Install

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.