Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Carburator rejetting (Read 3 times)
Flugondus
Ex Member

Carburator rejetting
11/14/06 at 20:42:35

Allright i finally decided im gonna rejet my stock s40.
ad now i was wondering what rejetting actually does. I`m not looking for more horsepower and what soever. I`m looking for a bike that runs leaner and a little better. So i would like the information on what rejetting can do for me and how i do it.
Thanks fellow riders

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Re: Carburator rejetting
Reply #1 - 11/14/06 at 20:59:16

If you are stock right now, any jetting you do will only serve to richen you up.  If you're wanting leaner, I wouldn't want to be any leaner than the stock setup.  Jetting higher will only unlock more horsepower if you open up the exhaust.  Jetting alone will only richen you up and make your bike drink more gas unless you balance out the exhaust to match the jetting.

IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Re: Carburator rejetting
Reply #2 - 11/15/06 at 16:52:18

I'm currently running stock jetting with stock intake/exhaust and getting 60 mpg.  I don't think you can beat that regardless of setup.  However, I have surging at cruising speed which indicates "excessive leaness."  I'll be putting on a GSXR600 muffler and doing the "white spacer mod" soon...  Don't exect MPG to drop below 58 MPG...

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:35:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carburator rejetting

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.