Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
wow (Read 3 times)
john1652
Ex Member

wow
11/07/06 at 05:39:46

wow, yesterday I took all the advise I have been reading here and did the mods on my 07 Savage. Richened up the bottom and mid in the carb what a difference it made. I actually pulled a wheelie. I know a lot of people say the Savage is a great starter bike, but why would you want anything else? I am turning my bike into my idea of a bobber and quite frankly it is beautiful. Single seat, harley muffler, moved tail light up to the flat spot on the rear fender. I am now considering a different tail light something round but have not really found what I want yet. But anyway if you have not done the carb mods that are spoken about here in rich detail, why not. What possible excuse could you have for not wanting a better running bike, plus no more backfire. Yall have a great day and remember Jesus Saves John

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: wow
Reply #1 - 11/07/06 at 06:43:46

[glow=red,2,300]Amen!! [/glow]   Wink

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #2 - 11/07/06 at 06:59:18

LED tail, stop and licence plate light.
(BTW the seat is off now)

Greetz Kropatchek Grin

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #3 - 11/07/06 at 07:07:57

Different strokes for different folks. Riding position, looks etc. Yes all of these can probably be obtained by modifying the Savage, (I don't know if anyone has tried to turn a savage into a sport or standard bike). But to start with a MC that is already making over 100 hp, can run all day at over 100 mph and go over 200 miles between fillups, is comfortable for all day, day after day,will carry all of my "stuff" for touring, and then go from there is why. If you don't want or need any of these things then great, if you want them all, the Savage is not a good starting point. I'm seriously considering what the Concour14 has to offer and waiting to see.

IP Logged
john1652
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/07/06 at 07:23:32

Wow I did not mean to upset anyone with my observations or imply that everyone should feel the way I do about my Savage. I was simply making my own statement. I have owned many bikes and really come from a back ground of racing moto-cross and hare-scrambles which is where my heart really lies. But I LOVE MY SAVAGE it is awsome. Sorry if I made ya feel bad man     john

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #5 - 11/07/06 at 08:54:14

I wasn't upset, I was trying to answer your question and making conversation.  Tongue I'm glad you are enjoying your MC. I enjoyed my Savage when I rode it, it just didn't do all the things that I wanted.

Cheers
Kevin

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 11/07/06 at 09:22:16

mornhm - FSO wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
....start with a MC that is already making over 100 hp, can run all day at over 100 mph and go over 200 miles between fillups, is comfortable for all day, day after day,will carry all of my "stuff" for touring.....
if you want them all, the Savage is not a good starting point....

Amen!   If I were to have a motorcycle for day after day touring it would be a 4- or 6- cylinder model.

But that is not why I have a motorcycle -- mine is my main transportation, my daily ride, a City Savage that rips from the lights like nothing else.

As for the taillight, like Kropatchek I'm looking at replacing the license plate lamp with a stop/tail/license lamp:   http://www.andruschak.net/wantlist/Mike.html

WWW   IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 11/08/06 at 04:08:04

Dude! Who rides 100 mph all day? Who would want to and where you live that you can do that? Its when you have stopped and smelled the roses , that make good memories on a trip. I rode my Savage on a 5,000 mile trip this spring thru the states and all I had to do was change the oil. I have had Honda's and Harleys and this is the most dependable bike of them all. Id take the Savage on a long road trip anytime. Granted its not a 100 mph bike, but who cares? It will cruise all day at 75 and not break a sweat. Besides with the money i saved on not buying a bigger cruiser, I purchased me a great fishing boat

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #8 - 11/08/06 at 05:47:57

Well, I wanted to make some time  Tongue (I was going west from Illinois). In Iowa I had two guys on sport bikes stop and talk to me at a fuel stop. They said they were coming from New Jersey and had been averaging over 100 mph and were headed to California. So anyway, it was kinda straight from there to Colorado, and traffic was running about 90 so it didn't seem like much of a stretch.  Smiley This also gave me an extra day on my return trip to "stop and smell the roses." While I had it cranked up, I was passed by some other bikes (no cruisers though) and a couple of cages travelling faster than I was. I was riding a little over 500 mpd which gave me plenty of time to stop and look around, but the trip was mostly about getting out in the wind. It was a great trip 2600 miles out, around and back. The Concours ran without missing a lick no maintenance needed on the trip (I had changed the oil and all other maintenance  shortly before leaving.)

stinger wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
Dude! Who rides 100 mph all day? Who would want to and where you live that you can do that? Its when you have stopped and smelled the roses , that make good memories on a trip. I rode my Savage on a 5,000 mile trip this spring thru the states and all I had to do was change the oil. I have had Honda's and Harleys and this is the most dependable bike of them all. Id take the Savage on a long road trip anytime. Granted its not a 100 mph bike, but who cares? It will cruise all day at 75 and not break a sweat. Besides with the money i saved on not buying a bigger cruiser, I purchased me a great fishing boat

IP Logged
Salad_Shaker
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 11/08/06 at 08:40:23

I'd settle for a boat AND a bigger bike! (I've got my eye on a Yam XJ 900 Diversion) Meanwhile as funds and time remain in short supply the Savage does me just fine.  Speed? Enough.  Comfort? Jury's still out on that one. Costs? Low purchase, minimal maintenance, cheap insurance.  It may not be super-bike but as another thread has it for bang-for-your-buck its pretty well unbeatable!  I love it!!

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #10 - 11/08/06 at 19:35:36

Well, lets face it..you can't get by with just one bike. Suzi's great for around town, a slightly larger best ould be great for onthe -highway in comfort.  Waiting to see ow the new generation of guzzi's do.  Meantime, Suzi and I get in thirty to fifty miles a week. and they are FUN miles.

IP Logged
DianeS.

Love my 2000 savage!

Ontario, Canada.
Reply #11 - 11/08/06 at 20:04:39

My commute to work is an hour each way (@ 100 miles in total), but I find the savage is great for me!  I don't even find the stock seat uncomfortable - but I guess I have enough extra padding naturally (lol).

I suppose if I had a lot more money, I might eventually want to try a different bike, and yet being small in size, the savage is great for me.  Besides I love my savage! Grin

Green 2000 Savage purchased in Nov. 2005. Memphis fat windshield, Willie and Max Saddlebags, jardine slash cut muffler, engine case guard, Metzler 880 ME tires, fork brace, and carb re-jetted.
  IP Logged
john1652
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 11/22/06 at 15:11:43

Embarrassed to me my savage is just a great bike, I am 6'1" and weigh just over 220 lbs. i suppose a bigger bike would probably be best but you know the savage makes a sweet bobber  and has all the power I need. At 50 I am more interested in impressing chicks with looks not speed. both the bikes looks and mine  WOW Embarrassed

IP Logged
TVR_FSO
Serious Thumper

I'm Ya
Huckleberry....

Frisco, Texas
Reply #13 - 11/22/06 at 17:31:51

Yeah, I find the older ladies have a hard time seein ya if youre goin to fast  8)

2004 Suzuki Volusia, modding in progress
WWW   IP Logged
firsts40

Proud PGR Member

South Mississippi
Reply #14 - 11/22/06 at 18:10:56

8)  I am 56, 205 pounds, and have a 06 S40 and like some of you, I commute back and forth to work with it.  I only put about twelve miles on it to and from work, but manage to put around 100 miles on it a week.  The wife gives me one of my two days off to ride.  When I go out for a short ride, I will run about half of it on the highway, and little Suzi will run between 70 and 75 without breaking a sweat.  I am not interested in top end because at 70 or 75, with only around 350 pounds under you, it gets a little light when you hit a bump.  I can cruise the back roads at around 50 to 60 and get 64 MPG, cruise the highway at 65 or 70 and still get 58-60 MPG.  
You have to love the LS650s for what they are made for, a fun, torquey little bike.  It has a few minor things you have to put up with (ocassional back fire, ocassional squeaky break), but I still get compliments from Harley riders all the time.  I may move up when this one is paid for, and maybe not.   8) Smiley

Dana from Misissippi
Riding with Respect
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 20:28:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › wow

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.