Send Topic Print
homemade supports (Read 14 times)
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

homemade supports
11/04/06 at 02:30:48

I cant seem to figure out to post pics in here. Not that I havent tried a zillion times. Or I would post some pics of my project. I went to Taps Plastics and bought 4 Lucite rods about 3 ft in length. They come in either  square or round rods. I opted for the round ones. Took them home and heated them in the oven till they were pliable. About 3 minutes.  You can them bend them to any shape you want. When the rods cool, they are very tough to break. I made my own saddle bag supports for less than $8. They are not as strong as steel, but plenty strong enough for supports. Pressed the rods flat on one end so they would fit under the seat and drilled a small hole thru both the fender(out of sight) and thru the rod end so I could mount to fender. Painted the rods chrome and  they are every bit as good as any that I have store bought purchased for my other bikes. If you dont have one in your town, look them up on the web and they will mail them to you. They were a hell of alot easier to make then to figure out to post pics in here anyway!

IP Logged
Steve530
2005 No Login

Knoxville, TN
Re: homemade supports
Reply #1 - 11/04/06 at 09:19:01

Neat idea, Stinger. Not sure the plastic is strong enough, but the stock saddlebag supports are a bit of overkill.

As far as posting pics, you can get a free account on photobucket.com or bikepics.com.  Then you upload the pics to that account. Next you cut the URL that points to that pic and paste it into the body of the message. Finally you make sure the text of the URL is bracketed by the tags [img][/img].

'97 Black / 1/2 white spacer
155 main jet / 55 pilot jet / Dyna muffler
snorkel removed / K&N drop in / seat raised
Slipstreamer SS30 windshield
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 10:25:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › homemade supports