Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to adjust handle bar and mirror (Read 7 times)
xuqiang_liao
Ex Member

How to adjust handle bar and mirror
10/30/06 at 16:20:24

When I transfort my bike using my wife's minivan, I have to remove the mirror and lower the handle bar. Now I have to put them back and I don't know where is the right position. Any suggestions.

The Clymer book said there are punch marks on the handlebar for alignment. I can't find the mark.

Regards,

Xuqiang

IP Logged
Steve530
2005 No Login

Knoxville, TN
Re: How to adjust handle bar and mirror
Reply #1 - 10/30/06 at 20:57:29

I assume you have a Savage with the "buckhorn" handlebars, not the S40 with the flatter style handlebars.

I checked my handlebars and found not alignment marks. Maybe I missed them. There are numbers stamped on the center of the handlebars, which are forward of the top on my Savage.  There is also a single mark, left of center on top of the handlebars that perpindicular to the axis of the bars that is about a quarter of an inch long.  That may be the alignment mark, or it may be a scratch.

My suggestion is to put the handlebars where they are comfortable for you. I don't think it's that critical.  When you find where you want them, you might want to mark them so that you can find that setting again.

'97 Black / 1/2 white spacer
155 main jet / 55 pilot jet / Dyna muffler
snorkel removed / K&N drop in / seat raised
Slipstreamer SS30 windshield
  IP Logged
mickthelimey
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/31/06 at 08:36:26

just put em where you found them ! next time you move them put a piece of masking tape around the handlebar, and a piece on the clamp,mark it with a pen,
put em back,remove tape.
Piece of cake old chap.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
  IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/31/06 at 15:10:56

smart (but simple) idea, mick.

agree with steve530 - when I took my buckhorns off to change style of bars I cannot recall seeing any marks.

yeah - just make them comfortable for you. expect most people ignore marks if there are marks or not & set up bars for own style. Once this is reached I'd certainly follow mick's idea if moving/loosening them again.

mirrors? set up so they suit you, too. mine usually just show the edge of my arm & a good range of road behind. find if try to get mirror to not reflect arm I see lots of fences due to mirror being set too far that way.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 09:42:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How to adjust handle bar and mirror

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.