Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
found another savage in town (Read 4 times)
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

found another savage in town
10/29/06 at 05:29:15

we were on a poker run yesterday, hosted by the local chapter of the SOBER RIDERS M/C, (procedes to benefit one of the local family shelters) and one of their members had an '87. kinda ratty looking, flat black on most everything except the blue exhaust pipe Tongue he asked me how to get it to run cooler, so i breifly described the carb mods, i'm not sure he is into it, but he had one of his brothers come over and have a listen to the chores at hand. they were kinda busy with the event and had to get back to work,  if i see him around town, i'll check on his progress.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
luken

Mesa, az
Re: found another savage in town
Reply #1 - 10/29/06 at 08:29:06

Oh man I was looking into going to that.  I work on saturdays so I couldnt.  Maybe next time I can plan it far enough in advance to get the day off!

Black 02, 55 pilot 155 main, 1/2 spacer, seat mod, sporty muff, air pod.
  IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #2 - 10/29/06 at 11:10:43

Ive seen 5 locally and I'm the only one that modified. the rest are bone stock. haven't spoken to any of the owners, but thats only a matter of time.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #3 - 10/30/06 at 05:19:21

luken wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Oh man I was looking into going to that.  I work on saturdays so I couldnt.  Maybe next time I can plan it far enough in advance to get the day off!

you were planning to come all the way to yuma? or was there a similar event in phoenix hosted by the phx crew, that you were considering?

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
luken

Mesa, az
Reply #4 - 10/30/06 at 13:06:43

There was one in Phoenix too.  Yumas a loooong ride Smiley

Black 02, 55 pilot 155 main, 1/2 spacer, seat mod, sporty muff, air pod.
  IP Logged
Fido_the_Cat

" If you don't
ask, They can't say
no!"

Harrisburg PA
Reply #5 - 10/30/06 at 19:17:38

When they are painted like that isn't that a rat bike? All mods are homebrew (backyard). Definately cool to see another "Thumper" in public. Saw a Mint Purple LS 650 at a Rally for the local fireman's fund in "Brighton PA" couple months back. Took pics. Didn't see the owner. It was a couple of hours for me, great day for road trip.

Follow me into the twisties.... I'll wait for you on the other side.
  IP Logged
spike

Love 2 Ride

Pa
Reply #6 - 11/01/06 at 03:10:55

I haven't seen any around here in Pa. A guy I work with in Wv said his wife has a Red one. Still looking though.

2K6 Silver Backfiring Front Brake Squealing S40 =8P Member #2147
driverspike bigspike1958   IP Logged
loopedguru
YaBB Newbies

Trying to give up my
cage 1 mile at a
time

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #7 - 11/01/06 at 14:17:32

Funny,

Here in Royal Oak Michigan there's another Savage right around the corner from me "Literally".  It was up for sale at the same time I bought my bike this summer.  I' don't think they sold it and I've never been able to catch any of the people that live there outside.  It's black with windshield and bags.  I wanted to ask them where they got the windshield and what model it is.  Hell, I may just get brave enough to knock on the door one day   Undecided

98 LS650 Orange, 2001 miles and putting it on the road 6/26/06
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 23:29:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › found another savage in town

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.