Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
addiction (Read 9 times)
franch

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

addiction
10/03/06 at 17:09:55

I have had my 98 savage since August of 2005 and I still find myself wandering over to the barn at night a couple hours after I've parked her and I just look at it from different angles.
what is wrong with me ?
even last winter  i found myself taking the protective old sheet off of her and just cracking a beer and gawking at her.
What is wrong with me ?

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: addiction
Reply #1 - 10/03/06 at 17:23:05

NOT A darn THING!!!!!!!!! 8)

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #2 - 10/03/06 at 18:15:42

ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING!  crappity smack YEAH!   Grin  

I do this kind of thing all the time!  One of my favoties is in the morning, having a smoke, staring at he bike.  And I think, "darn, my bike looks good."  

On the other hand, I have done mods I DO NOT LIKE aesteically... but I like comfort wise... specifically springs under my seat.  Guess I'll have to take them off... it's a chopper!

Anyway, I think this is my favorite pic of my bike:

Now, compare it to this pic:

See how the "seat?" doesn't look as smooth and in tune w/ the rest of the bike?

Anyway,  myh point is that I like looking at my bike.  I like looking at my other bike, which is more or less stock.  I like looking at MY bikes.  And it makes me smile when other people like looking/staring at their bikes.

Now, Franch, you had better post a pic of your bike in this thread.  Or else!  Georgeakthe & Thumperclone are already worried I'm coming for a visit!  You don't want one too!

IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/03/06 at 22:25:27

I echo my friend (literally - he lives 2 minutes ride away - pure coicidence!) thumper clone - I do it still with my other bike that I've had since 1999.

I would put it a lot stronger than he did, though!

Isn't it just a great looking bike!!! Actually both of mine are in different ways, though one (other one) is going to have to go - don't use it enough

keep looking @ it (& riding it) & keep  Grin

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #4 - 10/04/06 at 00:34:57

8) I do that to (esp. the crack the beer & stare thing!) ... mostly in winter though when I can't Ride and I'm dreaming of July!

It's also nice when you see seasoned Bikers with big, shiney chromed mounts of their own, staring at your Bike and they say, "Man that's a sharp lookin' Bike ya got there!" That feels pretty darned good too!

So, in short, there ain't nothin' wrong with ya ... you're "normal" ... for a Savage owner that is!  Wink

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
franch

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 10/04/06 at 04:02:56

Vroom,
I think you have outdone yourself and all of us with the # and uniqe/cool mods.
stare away and be proud !
I am going to borrow the office digi cam, wich i once ; with lots of help from my daughter ; was able to take pics of my old working garden tractors and get them on computer as the desk top. so I'll try !

Perry,
I got it so bad that I even think of making a hideaway drink holder for the savage, i've had too many close calls where the beverage slid off the seat whilst I peer at the machine from some new angle.

IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #6 - 10/04/06 at 06:41:44

Absolutely nothing wrong with it, perfectly natural, long as you don't climb all over the bike whilst nakkid.  Shocked And if you do consumate the full expression of your affection, please, do not post pics! Roll Eyes What happens in the garage, stays in the garage.  Tongue

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
mickthelimey
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 10/04/06 at 09:11:52

Hey Vroom,
                I noticed you keep your savage beast chained up,scared it's going to run away?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
  IP Logged
Vikki
YaBB Newbies

I love my 1996
LS650!

Aldergrove, British Columbia
Reply #8 - 10/04/06 at 13:31:27

Phew! Glad I'm not the only one. My '96 is parked in the garage, and I admire her (yes, my bike is a SHE) every single day. I tell her how beautiful she is and how much I love her, and promise her that I will take her out of her prison as soon as I can. I told my husband the other day that she looks sad being stuck indoors like that. I can tell just by looking at her that she's just dying to hit the open road. Poor thing.

Vikki

IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #9 - 10/05/06 at 02:23:25

Nothing unusual about it at all. I remember my first mini-bike, and my CL-90 spent the night in my bedroom at age 13 Wink

While I haven't taken any in the house since then, but I've done a lot of standing and looking  Roll Eyes

Took my brother a couple hundred miles away not too long back to pick up a Valkarie. We stopped in Eureka Springs for a car show. Middle of the night I wake up and he's not in the room.  I find him out in the motel parking lot looking at his bike.

Sometimes it only takes one bike for three or four people to stand around and look at for an extened period of time. Must be some kind of instinctive thing, like looking at fire or something.

IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #10 - 10/05/06 at 02:39:16

vroom1776 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Anyway, I think this is my favorite pic of my bike:

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006%5C04%5C18%5Cbikepics-567295-full.jpg

Vroom,

Your bike picture reminds me of an old joke I was told in first person... Probably urban ledgend though...

Biker gang had a bro with a real ratty ride. But the apartment complex he was living in was having a rash of thefts, so he goes out and buys this HUGE chain and lock to lock the old hack to the stairwell.

His buds slip over with a blowtorch and steal his expensive chain and lock and leave his leaky old Sportster sitting there... Of course later they have to ask him if the chain and lock is making him feel any more secure about his bike sitting in these crappy apartments. When he confesses that someone stole the chain and lock and left the bike they all bust out laughing. About that time a little light bulb lights over dim-wits head!!! Then the guys are really ROFLAO   Cheesy

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #11 - 10/05/06 at 03:11:12

Must admit that I sit and stare at KLX, so it's not just you Savage Guys.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Salad_Shaker
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 10/05/06 at 11:23:10

I love the look of The Lettuce and as it parks up at the back of my office (yes, really) behind a curtianed off bit, sometimes I draw the curtain back just so its on view as I work.

What I don't like is what I look like on it - at 6´1" and about 86kg (190 lbs) it looks too much like a circus bear on a toy tricycle.  Just as well I just get on with riding and looking where I'm going.

IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #13 - 10/05/06 at 11:48:43

When I first bought the savage, I couldn't ride it.  I spent many hours sitting and staring at it from different perspectives.  

Since then, I've been known to eat my lunch outside at work so I can stare at the bike.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #14 - 10/05/06 at 11:49:18

darnit!  I want more pictures of everyone else's addiction!   Angry  

Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home