Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Installed Intruder shocks (pic) (Read 30 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Installed Intruder shocks (pic)
09/20/06 at 10:59:51

My riding buddy put progressives on his Intruder.  I got his 12.5" stockers.

They bolted up perfectly and added 2 -3" of travel.  I like the more standard profile.  Anyway, it's a cheap alternative to progressives.

BTW I had to do a little grinding on the front of the belt guard for clearance.  I'm currently running with it off.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Re: Installed Intruder shocks (pic)
Reply #1 - 09/24/06 at 10:59:28

Intruder stock shocks, and, how does it ride?
Feels any different (better)?

Because I think the savage stock shocks are a bit soft and give way easily with any hard bump so your spine sometimes ends up absorbing the shock; I also drive w/ a passenger quite often.

I was looking at a pair of gas filled progressives for $200 and peopleīs opinion on these seems to be quite good.

BTW nice bike, lovely background.

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 09/24/06 at 15:22:37

Intruders are 100lbs heavier bike, so I imagine they are a bit firmer overall.
 I am from the dirt world and am used to lots of suspension travel and a soft ride.  I have these set on soft (5-adjustments) and get about 2 inches of sag and still have more than stock travel left when I sit my 150lbs. on it.  I'm sure they aren't as good as progressives but they were free and I was looking for the increased travel not increased load capacity.  I find that these absorb the bumps much better.
 If you are looking for an increase in load capacity you might ask others if the progressives help.  I know they perform well but I don't know if standard duties will increase the load capacity.  They sell regular and heavy duty ones.  
 BTW, my buddy with the intruder is 350+lbs and switched to the heavy duty progressives.  He found the ones he gave me too soft, but finds the heavy duty progressives too firm.  
 There you go, I gave so much info I was no help at all.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #3 - 09/25/06 at 01:16:56

No, itīs cool, it was helpful.

Yeah, now that you mentioned it, now that your bike is a bit more off the ground it now looks like one of those 1970īs "enduro/trail" hondas, remeber?

L8r

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 09/25/06 at 06:10:46

I have the 12.5" Progressives on mine and the increased height was a little odd at first but I've come to really like it.  I definitely like the extra clearance.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 08:31:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Installed Intruder shocks (pic)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.