Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
tour tank (Read 7 times)
mickthelimey
Ex Member

tour tank
09/14/06 at 19:23:17

Well I ordered my tour tank yesterday with the $40 fitting kit total $191, the rack from oneida another $86.
I got the 2.25 gl tank that is just about double my fuel capacity,if I can learn how to post pictures I will put some in here when it's done.
I figure at age 69 I had better get some touring in before the grim reaper pays me a call :'(

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
  IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Re: tour tank
Reply #1 - 09/14/06 at 22:20:59

Sweet!  Was thinking about doing the same thing.  Really hard to go anywhere when you always calculating whether you are going to make it to the next stop.  I like to ride up here in the Sierra Nevada mountains, but the gas stations are few and far between.  The tour tank option is a really cheap and easy solution to the small tank problem.

I was thinking of a 3.5 or even a 4.5 tank.  Was going to put a quick disconnect couple on it so I can remove it easily.  Even figured that you should be able to put the tank inside one of the Buffalo Leather Barrel Bags they sell on ebay for $10.  (I bought the 7 pc kit).  It's perfect for "tour" use because you can put the tank in the bag and the bag comes with plenty of straps to secure it (2 straps for the sissy bar and 2 for tie downs).  I was just going to set it on top of the rear seat and strap it down.  A 3.5 full tank should way about 25 lbs, 4.6 about 31 lbs.  Should be just fine.

This is what I'm talking about:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEATHER-MOTORCYCLE-BARREL-BAG-LUGGAGE-SADDLE-B...
You can hide the fact that it's a fuel tank.  Would just look like regular luggage

Curious to know how you plan to run the fuel line T and petcock.  Let me know how it turns out (pics please!).

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 14:33:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › tour tank

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!