Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
new epa regulations
09/12/06 at 11:38:01

here is a cut and paste i recieved from a member of berts board.  interesting stuff.  

Sluggo,

I assume Bert has decided not to maintain the Savage Suzuki site. You
might want to notify Savage riders of the latest 2004 EPA regulations.
Although passed in 2006 they have become effective 1/1/04. Any
modification to a motorcycle that violates the EPA Eviromental Clean Air Act
(ECAA) of 1978 can now be subjected to a fine by a cop at his/her discretion with a $10,000 ticket, even if it is parked. Any one suggesting a way to by pass the ECAA regulation can be fined with a $10K fine. So, I have stopped riding until I see how well
enforced the cops enforce this and how serious the EPA is going to be. The ECAA regulates
every State within the U.S. and effective since 1978. The main concern of mine is
that the 2004 regulation enpowers any EPA agent or police officer to
issue a $10K fine and make the bike non-operative. Refer all riders on the
Savage site to www.aimag.com to read it for themselves. I would post it
myself but cannot. I hope Bret has not abandoned us but like I said any
one providing information to by-pass any new or prior EPA's ECAA regulations regarding  motorcycle modifications can also risk being fined $10K. I believe the EPA is in
bed with the oil manufacturers and auto industry. Motorcycles are just too
fuel efficient.

xmark1

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: new epa regulations
Reply #1 - 09/12/06 at 11:52:21

HD themselves has been pushing this type fo stuff to hurt small time builders (e.g. OCC, Big Dog, S&S) and after maket exhasut mfgs to eliminate them from the market.  HD would love it if the only way to get EPA certified, "good," pipes for your (HD) scoot would be to go through them.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #2 - 09/12/06 at 12:05:14

and there's this thread.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #3 - 09/12/06 at 13:25:54

So pretty much, it's not really enforceable.  Is a cop gonna write a $10k ticket to some old grandma or granpa on a savage w/ a slip on?  a 300 lb Hell's Angel?  (only if he wants his teeth broken... or worse).  How about a kid on a sport bike?  maybe...  Cop'd have 'ta be wicked pissed off... kid musta wheelied over his dog!  Now, as far as noise regs go... yeah, I can see that being an issue for anyone.  I like my bikes LOUD, but i don't ride them loud in town (slow).  I ride my bike much quieter in town than any diesel truck I've heard...  Never had any complaints from neighbors.

And that bit about a $10k fine for discussing how to get around the law:  BULLSHIT!  I can say anything I want as long as it is not slanderous or threatening.  Period.  End of story.

And that retroactive stuff is bullshit as well.  Under no circumstances can anyone be tried (okay, fined) for a crime ex-post facto.  No judge in the country would let that fly.

"Your Honor, I am here today b/c my motorcycle was not compliant w/ the retroactive EPA regualtions, as passed in 2006, in 2004, as the service record from the dealership shows.  In 2004, my motorcylce was compliant w/ the all of the EPA regualtions of 1978 and up to 2004, as service records show.  I do not understand how I can be fined for regulations that did not exist in 2004."

"Sir, this law obviosuly violates the 'ex-post facto' clause of our beloved constitution.  Case dismissed."  Any judge who lets something like this through his court room w/o dismissing it needs to be removed from office, prefferably by a couple of horses and a rope.

RANT AHEAD!

Now, on to to other related subjects... wait... don't get me started on how I feel about Congress and the White House.  All of them: TRAITORS!  they all took an oath to "uphold and defend the constitution".  Everyone in Congress and the present adminbistration is a traitor for failing to "uphold and defend the constitution."  I will go far as to say (type) that everone in Congress and the executive office since, and including, FDR's administration is guilty of being a traitor b/c they did not "uphold and defend the constitution."  

AND ON TOP OF THAT ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS LOBBY MONEY TO KEEP THEIR "PRIVILIDGED" POSITIONS.  TRAITORS AND ASSHOLES!

end of rant.  sorry folks.  Everytime I hear about some BS law that denies our rights (in this case our right to not be subjected to lobbyist bullshit), I get BENT.  Follow the constitution, not the "law."  visit lp.org to find out how your rights are being violated on every front.

V

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 09/12/06 at 13:35:49

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
here is a cut and paste i recieved from a member of berts board.  interesting stuff.  
latest 2004 EPA regulations.
Although passed in 2006 they have become effective 1/1/04. Any
modification to a motorcycle that violates the EPA Eviromental Clean Air Act
(ECAA) of 1978 can now be subjected to a fine by a cop at his/her discretion with a $10,000 ticket, even if it is parked. Any one suggesting a way to by pass the ECAA regulation can be fined with a $10K fine. ....

Passing a law in 2006 retroactive to 2004?  Sorry, ex post facto and prohibited by the U.S. Constitution.

EPA regulates what can be imported/ manufactured/ sold, claiming jurisdiction under the Interstate Commerce Clause.  The Feds have no constitutional authority to regualte what we do to the bikes once we get them -- that is a State issue.

Before I give any credence to this rumor I would have to see the actual wording of the act, plus that of any enabling acts that give local authorities the right to enforce federal regulations.

WWW   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #5 - 09/12/06 at 13:55:19

"what me worry?" alfred e. newman   Tongue
they aint gettin MY  hard krome..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #6 - 09/12/06 at 14:24:38

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Passing a law in 2006 retroactive to 2004?  Sorry, ex post facto and prohibited by the U.S. Constitution.

Before I give any credence to this rumor I would have to see the actual wording of the act, plus that of any enabling acts that give local authorities the right to enforce federal regulations.

This is exactly what I am ranting about.  The federal government continues to pass laws that exceed their constitutionaly granted, and I stress granted, power.  Who grants them that power?  WE, THE PEOPLE!

The states, or local authorities (as authorities, not private citizens), have no "rights."  The people have "rights."  You cannot have your "rigths" taken away, they always exist, but they can be denied.  The authorities and govenment(s) have power that we, the people, granted them/it, which they often exceed and abuse.

Our whole govenment is crappity smacked.  We should put permanent magnets on our founding fathers, wrap their coffins in copper coils, and generate free electricity.  Anybody want to guess what I'd use it for first?

Don't live in fear.  Ride your bike your way.  Live your life your way.  Just don't kill anybody.... without a good reason.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #7 - 09/12/06 at 14:40:17

AND, if you can get the original "Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin" you do not have to register your bike!  Yes, you will get pulled over a lot.  Cops don't know this law... And if you don't have the MCO already, you aint gettin it.  If you buy a new bike or car outright, insist that you get the MCO, or walk out.  What happens is that the dealerships photocopy (or microfiche or whatever) them, and destroy the originals.  Look it up (good luck... I hope you like law books and case history.  Here's a hint, read Good to be King by Michael Badnarik.  Pretty sure if you can get your name on a list for reading this one.  Who's Badnarik?  The libertarian party's last presidential candidate, who, along w/ the green party's candidate, was arrested last election for trying to serve an Arizona State court order to be allowed to debate in the final presidential debate in 2004.  I'm not kidding.  Only one newspaper in the country ran an article about it.)

I can go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and about how screwed up the government is, but I'll try not to.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 22:03:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new epa regulations

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.