Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
how slow can you go? (Read 12 times)
JerryAssburger
Ex Member

Re: how slow can you go?
Reply #15 - 09/02/06 at 18:57:17

I've been known to fall from a bean-bag chair. Balance is not my forte. But I love my bike!

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #16 - 09/04/06 at 09:04:54

I can go from stopped in N to 1st, 2nd... w/o clutch.

figure 8s, on flat ground or on a slope, dragging pegs.

increasing or decreasing radius circels, draging pegs, but only going ccw, as right peg bent up...

not too sure on the stoping w/ feet on pegs... pretty sure I can.

been in Mass w/ fam.  miss my savage.  :'(

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #17 - 09/04/06 at 12:28:56

I'm impressed, the only time I've dragged a peg at low speed was when I was dragging my helmet on the asphalt  Undecided. Had to replace the footpeg and helmet when I got home. Couldn't of been going more than 5mph but didn't have time to look. Grin

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Reply #18 - 09/04/06 at 16:46:28

Try this one on for size. It's kinda big for a dial-up connection though. 17 minutes of  Shocked

Slow speed maneuvers

WWW   IP Logged
ThomWill
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 09/04/06 at 17:12:58

I spent 30 minutes in the church parking lot today working on slow speed stuff.  Figure 8's and round and rounds.  Must be a handedness thing (I am right handed enough that my left hand is mostly a paperweight with an opposable thumb), but I can roll slow around to the left so nice and smooth, but the slow right turns wherein you have to lean the bike right and the rest of you left cause me nothing but grief.  Gets better all the time though.

Thom

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #20 - 09/04/06 at 20:43:12

ThomWill wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
I spent 30 minutes in the church parking lot today working on slow speed stuff.  Figure 8's and round and rounds.  Must be a handedness thing (I am right handed enough that my left hand is mostly a paperweight with an opposable thumb), but I can roll slow around to the left so nice and smooth, but the slow right turns wherein you have to lean the bike right and the rest of you left cause me nothing but grief.  Gets better all the time though.

Thom

and for our next lesson...  do it two up... 8)

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #21 - 09/05/06 at 06:08:46

thumperclone wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
and for our next lesson...  do it two up... 8)

Heh, not me.  Been ridin' for decades but probably have less than 10 hours of 2-up time.  Also no experience in group riding other than one or two friends and not organized.  Group riding is on my list of things to learn but 2-up is low priority since my wife is terrified of bikes.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
sstankus
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 09/06/06 at 22:17:40

Great topic!  Low speed skills are overlooked but important.  However, I have to mention two other skills that should also be practiced regularly... close quarters (those pesky figure 8's they do in the MC safety course) and evasive manuvers (aka swerving).  Don't forget to ALWAYS have an escape route in mind. (There have been a couple of times when a some dunderhead with a cell phone glued to their head "didn't see me" sitting at the red light. Shocked )  

Ride safe and enjoy the cooler weather that's soon to come!

--Scott

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:21:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › how slow can you go?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.