Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
air fuel screw (Read 35 times)
911radioman
Ex Member

Re: air fuel screw
Reply #15 - 08/21/06 at 08:45:30

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
I'm okay with it.  I think it's just fine for the mass it's slowing/stopping.  However, I will be installing ceramic pads at the next change.

I did that.  I put the SBS pads on mine and I love them.

IP Logged
tefinous
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 08/21/06 at 21:15:48

vroom1776 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Still have?  You been selling them?  Don't you know that as soon as you get rid of your tools, you will instantly become a mechanic again, and need to but them all over again?   Grin

My pops sells Matco tools.  He's seen this happen to many folks!

well see the thing is i say i "was" a mechanic cause i dont do it professionally anymore and i have sold some of them in my recent past so i can get back on my feet (going through recent seperation and divorce) there are some things that i have had to fund that are more important than some of my tools.......

nik

IP Logged
tefinous
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 08/22/06 at 10:58:03

well i finished my rejetting today.... i put the 152.5 main jet in the carb seing as the carb already had a 145 main in it and the kit i bought from dynojet only came with up to 146......i also installed the needle that came with the dynojet kit but instead of placing it on the fourth from the top i put the e-clip on the fith from the top to compensate for the basically straight pipes i have on the bike....if curious about the pipes i have on my bike check out this link http://wildpigpipes.com/Default.htm and see the rev-up videos yes it is a aftermarket harley pipe but it looks and sounds so so good........anywho back to the jetting so after testing the mods for about a 2 hour ride i found that as the engine actually gets at the normal operating temp the performance is actually much better than anyother time it changed that old dead spot from sluggish to almost instant to the point that the engine actually races past the clutch and slips real bad......which is the next thing for next weeks project    

nik

IP Logged
JerryAssburger
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 08/22/06 at 17:34:58

Sorry to bug you, tefinous, but did the chisel being driven into the idle screw work? Mine is JAMMED at 1/2 turn out, and nothing I've tried will budge it. If  it did work, was it any specific size? My bike is pretty well dialed in now except for the cruddy 0- 1/4  throttle response. It's gotta be the idle mixture. THX.

IP Logged
tefinous
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 08/22/06 at 17:42:47

well the thing is the screw hasent come in at the dealer just yet im hoping it will be in tomorrow i also went out and bought a 5/64" drill bit and a kit with a corasponding screw extractor in hopes that it will do the job.......ill let you know what happens when i get the new screw..........

nik

IP Logged
tefinous
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 08/27/06 at 20:09:24

ok here is the heads up on my issue with the pilot screw it finally came in at the dealer and i got home ready to go....well this is a whole day task when i get done lol i have a few pics for you to see i hope these turned out ok

ok below you can see i ended up not being ble to use the srew that i bought from the dealer what had happened was i had to beat the threads of the carb and the threads from my existing screw out of the carb....

the reason for this is cause the screw broke off inside the carb itself   BIG DOH!!!!!

so heres a better look at the screw it actually seems better this way cause i can now grab the end of the screw if by some chance the head gets stripped out again see it sticking out of the carb????

well that was my adventure for this week......the whole thing ended up being a big headache OHOH and on another note i also found out that my batterie was about to explode on my soon i decided to take a look at the cells to see if they need to be refreshed with some distilled water or maybe some electrolite solution and found the battery was all swollen up so i went to auto zone and bought a new one the part number is ETX15L this battery is an optima style battery it is filled with a gelled acid solution so in the case of a spill while out and riding the battery cant spill out on my legs if i lay down for any length of time it is sealed and maintaince free the only down side is it only came with a 3month warrenty and it cost me $77 Sad well i hope this answers a few questions

nik

IP Logged
JerryAssburger
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 08/28/06 at 11:26:36

Yeah, tefinous, it did answer a few questions....
I'm scr%wed (pardon the pun) on this stinking idle mixture thing, too!
My bike only runs well with the choke pulled one click out, even in the 100F heat that we have down here in the Nation's Catbox. Like you, I'll keep trying. THX for the info.

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 08/28/06 at 12:04:15

Mine tried to seize up a while back, but I caught it early and hit it with the penetrating oil and it turns freely now.

I'm just wondering if you're gonna have problems with that setup now with that chunk gone off the carb.

IP Logged
tefinous
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 08/30/06 at 18:47:37

new update i finally replaced my clutch and springs.......word of warning if im not mistaken in the clymers manuel the friction plates are like this 5 of them are thicker and one is more narrow well i have a problem with that description from clymer when i removed my clutch it was the other way around i had 1 friction plate that was thicker and teh rest were thinner than the otter most friction plate..........i would have had a picture with this post to better update you but i am tire i finished my clutch and took her for a spin and somehow the fuel selector got turned into the reserve place and well needless to say if you know daytona beach at all i went for a trip on the loop out by high bridge and i ran out of fuel somewhere in the middle of the swamp last night and had to push her about 10 miles back to the 7-11 to fuel up.......(i think it was the darn kids in the neighborhood messing with me) i will find a picture for you later to show you the inaccurat clymer pictures......

nik

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 00:19:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › air fuel screw

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.