Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Reality check ... white spacer (Read 4 times)
bholly12

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Starkville, MS
Reality check ... white spacer
07/29/06 at 21:37:07

I performed the 1/2 white spacer mod this afternoon to help curb that pesky deceleration backfire which occurs.  So, I took the carb apart, filed the spacer, and put it all back together.  No problems ..... other than having to drain the tank & remove the petc0ck to get the tank off.  What a hassle ..... my hat's off to the guy who made that design decision.

Went for a ride around town later, and it seems that throttle response between 0% and 40% improved ..... so has anyone else noticed this behavior?  Or is it just me ...... reality check here please!

My bike is an 06 and bone stock, I'm bidding on a new exhaust on ebay, I think this is a good choice:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270010587619&ru...

I'm also going to with a K&N drop in air cleaner and larger main jet eventually, but just the exhaust for now.

2006 Euclase Silver Metallic S40, Dyna muffler, K&N drop-in, 1/2 spacer mod, 152.5 main.
WWW   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: Reality check ... white spacer
Reply #1 - 07/29/06 at 21:47:07

hope you know that is a scratch and dent auction if you want check market place this site has NEW ..got one on my 06 came out of the box perfect!!sounds great!!
youll need and adaptor 6"or7" X 10 deg bend (search tech section under mufflers) i made an offset hanger(from chrome bar stock) to bolt to stock hole where original muff was mounted...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/29/06 at 22:20:02

If you're gonna do it, you're best to do it all at one time or wait until you can do it all.  You install that exhaust and a K&N without rejetting you're gonna be leaner than you are right now with a stock setup, which is not good for the engine.  Plus, you'll find your backfiring present again most likely.

For future use, you went to way too much trouble to pull your tank.  All you need to do is lift up on the tank and then twist the end nearest the seat to the left and the petcock will then clear the frame.

Also, check with Lancer here on the boards.  He's selling the Hard Krome muffs for about $85, IIRC.  You may save some money through him as opposed to the auction thing.

IP Logged
enophile

1998 Savage, black,
mostly stock

Morgantown, WV
Reply #3 - 07/30/06 at 05:03:16

bholly12 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
..... other than having to drain the tank & remove the petc0ck to get the tank off.  What a hassle ..... my hat's off to the guy who made that design decision.

I used to remove the petc0ck when removing the tank because I thought the tank wouldn't come off otherwise.  After hearing that others could remove the tank with the petc0ck still in place I decided to try it.  It will come off with it installed but you have to pull up and twist the tank to the left.  The first time I did it I thought I was going to break something but after the first time, I do it routinely.

The number of cylinders isn't important...it's how you use them.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 07/30/06 at 08:39:21

The mufflers you are bidding on are similar to the ones I have been getting.  If you can get them on this auction  for less than a $100 then you have done well.  You will have 2 mufflers ... one to use and an extra to sell... the end result is a better deal than my sale, so go for it.

When I get them to sell I have to charge enough to cover shipping both ways (about $35) and make a little profit, so the cost is a good bit more than just buying them for personal use.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:38:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Reality check ... white spacer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.