Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Am I Lean or Rich? Newb (Read 8 times)
platinum_ghost
Ex Member

Re: Am I Lean or Rich? Newb
Reply #15 - 07/28/06 at 02:56:33

Well, I must have done something wrong because the Savake died while doing 75 on the highway twice. Each time I had to let the bike sit before she'd turn over, and the second time I had to pull out the choke. I guess I overheated? Is that correct? The engine started to lurch and them it just stopped, like I had hit the kill switch. I pulled the plug when I got home and it looks normal.

I'm getting the bike put back the way it was. It ran perfectly, I just wanted more  power, but I'd rather not stop on the highway again.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #16 - 07/28/06 at 07:42:26

Check for proper fuel flow (I like a clear in-line fuel filter) and check the vacuum line to be sure it's not cracked, pinched or broken.  Also consider the dying could be electrical.  It wouldn't be the first time a loose kickstand interlock has caused that symptom.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #17 - 07/28/06 at 12:13:37

I have to agree with S/R, I do not think the carb did that to you on the hi-way.  When something happens quickly like that then either the fuel or electrical has been interrupted instantly.  Jetting and tuning issues are much more slow to show.

IP Logged
platinum_ghost
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 07/28/06 at 15:55:19

I know a little bit of fuel was coming through the vacuum line. I don't know what effect that would have.

I'll look into the electrical system and the vacuum line too. Thanks!

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #19 - 07/28/06 at 16:16:31

There shouldn't be fuel in the vacuum line.  If you're sure it's the vacuum line, your petc0ck might be faulty.  If so, you could be flooding.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #20 - 07/29/06 at 12:15:32

platinum_ghost wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
I know a little bit of fuel was coming through the vacuum line. I don't know what effect that would have.

I'll look into the electrical system and the vacuum line too. Thanks!

suggest you fix the petc0ck asap - in the mean time you could switch it to pri and plug the vac line - a failed petc0ck has been known to lead to many things - starvation of the carb at sustained higher speeds, flooding of the engine, and in really bad case filling the engine crankcase

IP Logged
platinum_ghost
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 07/29/06 at 19:05:28

How should I go about repairing the petcock? I pulled it off and checked to see if the diaphram was operating, and it seems to be working. How can I repair / improve on the petcocks operation?

IP Logged
platinum_ghost
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 07/29/06 at 19:30:27

Are there any known issues after converting the petcock to "ON / OFF /  RES?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:34:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Am I Lean or Rich? Newb

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.