Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Carb (Read 3 times)
mickthelimey
Ex Member

Carb
07/18/06 at 19:52:52

My savage is a 2002 model every thing on it factory except the muffler.
I notice alot of talk about carburettas,I guess I got lucky,my bike idles perfectly it never ever needs the choke,and there is zero bluing on the header,about 50mpg.
Perhaps some things are best left alone.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Carb
Reply #1 - 07/18/06 at 20:57:17

If it never needs the choke then your pilot circuit is rich.  No blueing ... sounds like you were saying no coloring at all on the pipe ? ... if so, that would tend to confirm that it is rich and running cool.
But if you like the way it runs then there is nothing to do.  Running a bit rich will not hurt it.  Leaning it might improve milage though.

IP Logged
mickthelimey
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/18/06 at 22:29:49

that does make alot of sense,the question is for an extra 5 to 10 mpg is it worth bluing my header,it is so pretty being all chrome ,no blue,no gold,just nice shiny chrome.
     I did take my bike for a little run to the coast yesterday, 150 miles round trip,it ran like a top,the more I ride this bike the more I love it,I stopped at a rest area for a smoke and people were admiring  my Savage,in fact 3 gals wanted me to take there picture while sitting on it,it was definatly the bike and not me,I am 67 years old and gals never talk to me if I'm driving my cage.
      I am taking these runs to get my bony ass in shape for a thousand mile run to Wyoming for my sons wedding,I am sending my tux ahead C/O the local post office,I cant sell him,so I guess I will have to give him away,he is my eldest and the last one to get married,he is also the apple of my eye.
                    Mick

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
  IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #3 - 07/19/06 at 02:57:49

Dont wrench the bike and keepshowing it off.
Goodluck

Kropatchek 8)

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 07/19/06 at 06:20:00

I have to agree with Krop, it is not worth a few mpg if it is running fine, the pipe is still pretty chrome and

Grin the girls are swarming all over you!!  Grin

IP Logged
Island_Biker
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/19/06 at 13:15:32

Gotta agree with Kropatchek and lancer - don't mess with a good thing.

IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #6 - 07/19/06 at 13:46:40

Hmm....I'm getting the impression that I'm the only one that actually likes the way blued pipes look?  

But yeah, if you're happy, why change anything?  Doesn't make too much sense to put in effort to make yourself less happy with the outcome...

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #7 - 07/19/06 at 19:02:07

mick wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
that does make alot of sense,the question is for an extra 5 to 10 mpg is it worth bluing my header,it is so pretty being all chrome ,no blue,no gold,just nice shiny chrome.
     I did take my bike for a little run to the coast yesterday, 150 miles round trip,it ran like a top,the more I ride this bike the more I love it,I stopped at a rest area for a smoke and people were admiring  my Savage,in fact 3 gals wanted me to take there picture while sitting on it,it was definatly the bike and not me,I am 67 years old and gals never talk to me if I'm driving my cage.
      I am taking these runs to get my bony ass in shape for a thousand mile run to Wyoming for my sons wedding,I am sending my tux ahead C/O the local post office,I cant sell him,so I guess I will have to give him away,he is my eldest and the last one to get married,he is also the apple of my eye.
                    Mick

swing down to colorado on your way back ill buy you a pint...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:22:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carb

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.