Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new tank (Read 7 times)
ST1
Ex Member

new tank
07/18/06 at 14:16:38

I was working on my bike on Sat., had it leaned over looking underneath, and dropped it.  I was so pissed I couldn't even talk to my wife for a few hours.  Luckily I was on dirt so the damage wasn't terrible, but it still bites the big one.  I busted a mirror, dinged the tank, slightly bent a peg, and tweaked the handle bar.  I got the bars straight and mirrors ordered, not concerned with the peg. The dent in the tank isn't bad, although Saturday I thought the world had come to an end.  Does anyone make replacement tanks for a Savage?  Mine's an 02.

IP Logged
DaddySauce

Fried Squid is the
best!

Arizona
Re: new tank
Reply #1 - 07/18/06 at 15:25:59

I remember seeing a bunch of tanks on ebay.  I don't think they are there anymore but they pop up every now and again.  Keep checking there and see if one comes up... that is... if it's not needed ASAP.   Tongue

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 07/19/06 at 07:04:44

I'm sure you can order one from places like RonAyers.com but eBay is probably your best bet to get away spending a good bit less.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
olscout99
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/19/06 at 08:15:06

Might want to check with 'Dr. Dent' or one of those type guys that do paintless dent removal on cars. Probably would be cheaper than buying a new tank, especially if the dent isn't too bad.

IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #4 - 07/19/06 at 09:21:34

I will have one but don't know when. I got a new tank but have to get the inside treated before I put it on.

I refuse to tiptoe through life...
Only to arrive safely at Death.
  IP Logged
pastorjim
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/19/06 at 09:33:14

Do you still need a tank?  I'll have to check my stash when I get home from work to make sure, but I think I have one.  If you want it you can have it for the cost of shipping.

pastorjim

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:17:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new tank

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.