Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
stalled at 60 (Read 3 times)
PA KID
Ex Member

stalled at 60
07/16/06 at 14:45:59

???Here's the scene,we're out ridin today about 3 mile
from the house on our way to meet brother inlaw to ride together,and she stalles out.Not like running out of gas before you turn on reserve.It just went dead an i knew there was plenty of gas.So i was thinkin one of the fuses went,but they were fine.Ohh the tool kit is nice
to have,but almost worthless!!Anyway my next thought was ignition module went bad,but the bikes only 2yrs old.In the mean time i called brother inlaw an he was bringin his bike trailer to get me.He pulls in walks up an i was puttin tank an seat back on.I wanted to show him what it was doin and she started right up?the only thing we could come up was a vapor lock.An when i took the fuel line off it fixed it's self. Grin GrinHe's a harley owner and every stop i got ribbed for him trailerin me to his place to make sure it was all back together an tightened down before we rode today

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Re: stalled at 60
Reply #1 - 07/16/06 at 15:23:28

did you check your battery connections??

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #2 - 07/16/06 at 15:25:03

The gas cap has a small vent in it that can get plugged up. Try taking it apart and cleaning it, could of caused the problem.
 Check where your left foot sits on the peg, I had problems with hitting the kick stand with my heel while riding which shut the bike off because of the kick stand safety switch.
That switch always causes problems, disconnect and bypass it under the seat, just my .02 worth.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Al_ironman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/17/06 at 08:33:00

I agree; kickstand.

IP Logged
PA KID
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/17/06 at 12:09:11

The bike would crank and crank but not start.It acted like it was'nt getting any spark,thats why i checked the fuses an ignition box.All were fine?????

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:19:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › stalled at 60

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.