Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New Windshield Installed (Read 9 times)
911radioman
Ex Member

New Windshield Installed
05/16/06 at 13:54:29

Today I installed my new windshield, it is the National Cycle Dakota (NC125).  Install was a piece of cake and I think it looks a ton better than the National Cycle Street Shield I had on it.

Here are a few pics of it installed...

IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Re: New Windshield Installed
Reply #1 - 05/17/06 at 12:27:22

You know, I think that's the first windshield I've seen that I think looks right on a Savage.  It has the traditional cruiser look to it...but without being ridiculously wide.

Good choice.  I approve.

(is there any way I could have made that sound more pompous?)  Wink

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 05/17/06 at 12:35:28

whats the height from the top of headlamp?? im lookin to replace my suzuki sportsheild, i think its a nc with a suzuki sticker on it..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/17/06 at 12:42:51

It is 17.5" tall and 18.3" wide.  I am 6' tall and I have the mounting brackets mounted as high up the forks as possible.  That leaves about 3/4" gap around the headlight and I can just look over the top of the shield.

My shield is the NC125A model.  There is another Dakota that is taller, it is the N2310 and it is 20.5" tall and 18.3" wide.  It would have been just a bit too tall for me, so I went with the NC125A.  Not a bad price for $109.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 05/17/06 at 13:56:25

That's the exact same windshield I have.  I like it a lot.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/17/06 at 14:09:56

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
That's the exact same windshield I have.  I like it a lot.

Rob, what hole did you attach your fork clamp in?  I have mine in 3 right now (if counting back from the end of the clamp, but I'm wondering if I should back it off to the number 2 slot.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #6 - 05/17/06 at 14:22:23

It's not on the bike now.  I'm using the flyscreen for a while and gonna swap back and forth to see if I really have a use for the flyscreen or want to sell it.  My original thought was that the flyscreen might reduce the wind fatigue and bug-spatter while allowing more breeze during the summer but I'm not sure it really works out that well for me.  I figured I'd take the next month or two and see what I think while using each for a few weeks at a time.  I've also been experimenting a bit with the positioning of the flyscreen while I'm at it.  No verdict yet.  Next time I swap it out, I'll let you know which slots I use.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #7 - 05/17/06 at 18:40:01

nice screen. It flows with the bike. how did you stop the weeds from taking over your driveway??

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/17/06 at 18:55:52

Brewbrother wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
how did you stop the weeds from taking over your driveway??

Roundup.  Grin

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #9 - 05/17/06 at 19:17:18

911radioman wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Roundup.  Grin

How often?? I'm using ortho ground clear and its every two months.

No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/17/06 at 20:50:03

I can generally get through half the summer on one treatment, then I have to hit it again.  I mix it a little hot so it seems to work a bit longer.

To get my original kill, I used my uncle's 4-wheeler with a sprayer mount and used some farm rated killer on it, now I just use the Roundup to keep it in check.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #11 - 05/18/06 at 05:44:43

This has gotten way off-topic for the RSD but I've seen some new Roundup at Home Depot that is supposed to last all season, I think.  Personally, I've been trying organic stuff and horticultural vinegar works about like regular Roundup for less cash.

Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #12 - 05/18/06 at 16:04:31

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
This has gotten way off-topic for the RSD but I've seen some new Roundup at Home Depot that is supposed to last all season, I think.  Personally, I've been trying organic stuff and horticultural vinegar works about like regular Roundup for less cash.

The ortho claims season long, but its not that good. I saw some salt for water softners at HD. 50 pounds for $2.46. I'm thinking 8 bags should create havoc with the ph and make the area unsuitable for any plant. Maybe a heavy spray of ortho and the salt would do me for an entire season.

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #13 - 05/18/06 at 16:06:39

Oh and I think the windscreen looks great. Just not on my bike. I need the wind in the summer. Grin

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #14 - 05/19/06 at 05:22:35

Brewbrother wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
I saw some salt for water softners at HD. 50 pounds for $2.46. I'm thinking 8 bags should create havoc with the ph and make the area unsuitable for any plant. Maybe a heavy spray of ortho and the salt would do me for an entire season.  

I'd be concerned about it leaching out too far and trashing the lawn.  If I was gonna try that, I'd start with a strip in the center and see how far it actualy covers after a few rains/waterings.  Drainage patterns may affect its distribution too.

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:15:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Windshield Installed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.