Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
sorry.... (Read 2 times)
shawn_b
Ex Member

sorry....
07/06/06 at 18:15:22

i feel bad saying this but i thinking of sell the savage and get a v star ??? i test drove one today avd fell in love with it althougt  the savage is a little faster the saddle is so much better on the v star  :'( i have not made up my mind as of yet but it might be soon.i just wanted to say thanks for all the help and info from this site and it members 8) 8)

shawn

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Re: sorry....
Reply #1 - 07/06/06 at 19:54:29

Humn, how about have both Grin Diffent bike for diffent mood. I don't plan on selling my baby even if I getting a more comfortable bike

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
necropsy
2005 No Login

Suzuki '05 S40

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reply #2 - 07/06/06 at 20:10:33

I assume you're talking the v star 650. Classic or Custom? I raced my buddy's 650 custom on the weekend. Had I ever raced before, I would have smoked him. As it was, I only kept up. But a roll-on race from 90Kmh, the s40 left him in the dust. Similar mods to both bikes (open exhaiut, jetting, K&N filters), but he has port work done and ALOT more saddle time. His is a '98 w/35000 Km, where mine is a '05 w/9000 Km. Nice bike, easy to lower and customize. I'd rather have the Savage. Have you looked at the Suzuki M50 or C50 if your looking for a little more power.

Music calms the SAVAGE beast
  IP Logged
Al_ironman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/07/06 at 05:39:42

You can't go wrong with the v*650. We have owned one as well as an 1100 v* for over 2 years now.
The V* 650 and the SAvage 650 are two completely different bikes.
Both have there advantages and disadvantages. The V*s are NOT for racing. Plain and simple; they are crusiers and that's the bottom line if you're talking Stock bikes.
We have had the 650 V* on the road for hours at a time and cruised at 75 all day long with no problems at all. The V* classic is a bit more comfortable on longer rides than the custom. With the classic you get a fatter front tire which smoothes out the road a bit, you get a bigger and more room in the seat, and floor boards which improves the comfort. You also get a little more weight with the classic which gives a smoother ride.
I owned a Savage and really liked it; I'd like to have another one someday. But when it comes to comfort on the open road it (in my opinion) just does not compare with the 650 custom or classic.
The Savage is a lot more simple in design and Much easier to maintain than the V*s. As far as valve adjustments, belt changes compared to the cost of a replacement drive shaft. (I wish Yamaha would belt drive the V* 650.)
Both really good bikes, and it really just depends on your comfort zone and what do you intend for the bike to do. How much do you feel you can afford to spend on something that is used for what purpose?
We have bikes because they are FUN. We don't really have a dire need to have them other than we just like to ride bikes, and have for most of our lives.
think about why and what you really need a bike for, then make your choice.
Longer trips- 650v*
shorter trips- Savage
$$$$$- Savage
Fun- Both: because they are MOTORCYCLES

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #4 - 07/07/06 at 07:43:33

no cause to apologize, the savage is a stepping stone for some, the end all for others, and something in between for the rest, keep it rubber side down, and enjoy the ride, whatever it is you're riding 8)

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #5 - 07/07/06 at 08:13:32

Dude,

If you can afford both bikes, KEEP THE SAVAGE!  I also bougth a V* 1100 classic.  I love it and have put 29k miles on it, but I am so glad I kept my savage!   Grin  

First of all, you always need one more bike than you have.
2)  It makes a great budy bike.
3)  A second bike is for chopping.
4)  It's now okay to drop and abuse.
5)  When the starter clutch on the V* breaks, you will still have a bike to ride!

The place I bought my V* from was going to give me $4k for the little guy, but I thought about it... I love that darn bike just way too much!

6)  Got kids?  They can ride it, a classic by then, when they are old enough!
7) some times you just won't want to ride a 600 lb pig.  You can ride the ligth as a feather savage instead!  Mine is under 300 lbs!  and can easily keep up and often outrun my non-stock V*  man, these bikes make great choppers!

to reiterate:
If you can afford both bikes, KEEP THE SAVAGE!

IP Logged
MacAttack
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/07/06 at 10:09:24

No problem! they're all fun. I finally got to the point in my life (age 47) where I said, what am I waiting for before I ride on the road again? Pay off the house? Eh? Why wait until I'm too old to ride, then say, now it's OK.

Whatever bike you ride, it's great that you're out there!!! Grin

IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #7 - 07/07/06 at 11:26:10

The V-stars look like nice bikes.  I can't say I've ridden em, but I've looked at em.  I went with the C50 instead.

It's good to see everyone so supportive.  The general concensus seems to be that so long as you ride, it doesn't matter what you ride....even if you choose a bike other than the nearly perfect Savage.  Wink

Ride safe!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
Island_Biker
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/07/06 at 12:48:43

I agree with most here. We'll all support your decision, even if you do make the wrong one  Grin

IP Logged
shawn_b
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/09/06 at 15:15:42

lol i did not buy it yet  Grin i still would like to test ride the m5o/c50 and the honda aero Embarrassed thank for all the info  8)

shawn

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 20:29:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › sorry....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.