Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hints, tips or advice needed!! (Read 1 times)
mal76
Ex Member

Hints, tips or advice needed!!
06/29/06 at 11:49:59

Hi All,

I have just bought myself an '87 650 Savage and not knowing much about these bikes (but loving the styling!) i am looking for any useful advice, hints or tips, things to look out for etc to help me and my savage stay on the road! I know this is a bit general,but any help will be help!

Thanks

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: Hints, tips or advice needed!!
Reply #1 - 06/29/06 at 11:53:05

Most important:  Keep changing your oil!

IP Logged
luken

Mesa, az
Reply #2 - 06/29/06 at 11:53:14

Hey,

Wlecome to the board.  There are lots of smart people here with lots of accumulated knowledge.  Best place to start is to simply read everything, if you dont know what they are talking about search the forums, there is tons of helpful info here.

Black 02, 55 pilot 155 main, 1/2 spacer, seat mod, sporty muff, air pod.
  IP Logged
mal76
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/29/06 at 12:12:03

Thanks Vroom..........that would be the black stuff then??!! (first bike......i know, i know, mid-lifecrisis!!) lol, i might actually be able to do that without breaking anything else, will be my first job!

IP Logged
DaddySauce

Fried Squid is the
best!

Arizona
Reply #4 - 06/29/06 at 12:44:43

Confucius say:

"Front wheel will point you in the right direction"

WWW   IP Logged
Al_ironman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/29/06 at 13:10:35

Keep your oil fresh and checked, keep a good plug in it, adjust your valves when needed, keep fresh gas in it (even in the winter ride it when you can), keep correct pressure in the tires, check your belt adjustment ocasionally, lube your cables, keep a check on your battery.
The Savage is a pretty reliable bike; maintain it, and don't "dog it" and it will last a long time.
HOw many miles has it got on it?
Enjoy your bike!

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #6 - 06/29/06 at 13:55:10

+1 on reading what is available on the forum. Don't get paranoid about the problems discussed. The Savage is a good reliable MC. Remember that mostly what is going to be on a forum is the problems that people have. However, if the person who had it before you didn't keep up with this an ounce of prevention (especially if the MC doesn't have a lot of miles) ...

IP Logged
Lion

Budapest, Hungary
Reply #7 - 06/30/06 at 05:19:19

Always wear a helmet and other protective things. When I started with my Savage I have been reading this forum for WEEKS! I learned a lot, and used that knowledge to upgrade the bike. (read my signature).

'96 LS400 (
  IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #8 - 06/30/06 at 16:13:02

mal76 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Hi All,

I have just bought myself an '87 650 Savage and not knowing much about these bikes (but loving the styling!) i am looking for any useful advice, hints or tips, things to look out for etc to help me and my savage stay on the road! I know this is a bit general,but any help will be help!

Thanks

What are your plans for the bike?? Will it be a commuter or pleasure bike?? A combination?? What is the bike condition?? Did it sit without running for an extended period of time?? Get back to us with some details. Just my opinion these bikes are FUN to wrench. Everything is easy to get to and the singularity of the systems make it easy to troubleshoot.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/21/24 at 05:58:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hints, tips or advice needed!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.