Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Do it yourself (FLAT TIRE) (Read 21 times)
Banger

Carpe Zookem

Tennessee, USA
Re: Do it yourself (FLAT TIRE)
Reply #15 - 07/07/06 at 04:49:34

enophile wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
I think they are not good on the street due to the lack of cushioning that is provided by a pneumatic tire.  They probably wouldn't corner very well, either, because the tire wouldn't form itself to the road as well.

Yeah, you're talking about making a relatively fat motorcycle tire go airless. I dunno how well that would work, but my gut instinct says "not very."

It seems to have been conquered, almost, for bicycle tires. I'm e-mailing the Air-Free company today to see if they have a tire to fit my Trek's rims. That would beat worrying so much about having to fix flats at the roadside.

Regards,
Banger
=======

WWW   IP Logged
zbiker
Ex Member

Re: Do it yourself (FLAT TIRE)
Reply #16 - 07/09/06 at 17:55:51

That`s the second post I see about flat tires
Doing it is easy (relativily speaking) if you are near facilities have it done it`s faster. Get use doing it for those occasions when you`re stuck in the middle of nowhere on a long trip,wich mean carrying spare tube for front and back wheel, tire iron and a mean to inflate either air or co2 bottle with valve or even a can of fix a flat. Do not fix the flat on a tube with fix a flat but inflate a new tube so you can roll. Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 18:33:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Do it yourself (FLAT TIRE)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.