Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Air Filter (Read 2 times)
Aunt_Eek
Ex Member

Air Filter
06/24/06 at 07:08:18

Mornin' All,

Just got the savage out of the shop yesterday after major work. Swapped "96" engine for '98' engine replaced wire harness new battery belt and oil change.I'm now wondering if anyone has done a side mounted cone type air filter and if so how it worked out. I'm thinking it would fit nicely beside the carb. Any thoughts? ???

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Re: Air Filter
Reply #1 - 06/25/06 at 03:35:42

I have seen such a filter (I have a pic of it on my wall) just can't remember where.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 06/25/06 at 05:45:27

I have had contact a while back with a company (bike shop)  in Charleston, SC that makes some of their own parts, and will make a 90 deg mounting adapter for the carb ... carb to engine ... so that the carb will be sticking out like a carb on a HD.
I just have not got around to getting a detailed deminsional drawing to them to have a prototype made (this would be a billet aluminum item).  
It would be a very cool item for the Savage/S40, especially with an aftermarket carb.  It would also solve all of those filter space issues when swapping carbs.

IP Logged
Aunt_Eek
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/25/06 at 06:29:05

Does the carb need to be turned or could a 180 degree pipe be used with a filter atached at the end? I was thinking of a prototype made with 90 degree PVC couplers and pipe. I don't know how that many bends would effect air flow. I would think that with the filter exposed it would be little.

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #4 - 06/25/06 at 15:29:04

Aunt_Eek wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Does the carb need to be turned or could a 180 degree pipe be used with a filter atached at the end? I was thinking of a prototype made with 90 degree PVC couplers and pipe. I don't know how that many bends would effect air flow. I would think that with the filter exposed it would be little.

PVC will not handle the heat.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #5 - 06/25/06 at 15:47:52

they would be a great look. I'am getting the amal mark II put and am taking the factory  battery box out. then was thinking of building a bracket to move the battery box back to make alittle more room for carb and airfilter but it would be cool to move the carb out the side.

I refuse to tiptoe through life...
Only to arrive safely at Death.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 21:27:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Air Filter

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.