Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
bike sputters and dies on freeway (Read 3 times)
Engine_Outlaw
Ex Member

bike sputters and dies on freeway
06/16/06 at 10:34:40

new tuneup, new spark plug, has been running fine for last two weeks. Took a 30 minute ride, stopped for two hours. I did forget to pull out the choke this time and warm up. Died four times on way home. Just put premium gas in tank today, may have fouled the plug????

IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Re: bike sputters and dies on freeway
Reply #1 - 06/16/06 at 14:57:21

A 2 hour stop would only need the choke to be pulled if it were really cold out. My guess would be trash in the tank from the last fill up. If the fuel truck just left the station the sediment in the tank would have been stirred up and could get in through the pump nozzle. Probably stopping up the filter screen on the petc0ck. Might want to start there since you need to pull the tank to check the plug anyhow.

Now that that's said, questions go in the "rubber side down" section. This section is for posting tech documents and the like. Good Luck.

WWW   IP Logged
wicks
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Milwaukee
Re: bike sputters and dies on freeway
Reply #2 - 06/19/06 at 08:58:15

Have you cleaned the carb jet?  Sometimes a "varnish" of sorts resides over the jet, causing the motor to sputter and die.  Happened to me a few weeks back.  Took apart the carb, removed the "varnish" and my girls been riding great ever since.

If you left gas in the tank all winter without "winterizing", I bet the "varnish" is the culprit.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 09:29:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › bike sputters and dies on freeway

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.