Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Amal carb & intake manifold (Read 12 times)
HawkEye1967
2005 No Login

L. T. R..R. T. L
 Ridding for the Son

Re: Amal carb & intake manifold
Reply #15 - 06/22/06 at 18:33:50

Have a 36mm Mikuni from Lancer with a cone air filter, it came with a 310 jet installed, down to a 240 jet at this time, but have purchased the 220 jet to try, I think that one will be about perfect, on a different note I have noticed that with the cone airfilter, the bike (motor) is louder/ sounds different/Better. and this is with the stock muffler on.  I hear the motor thru the airfilter over the mufler, sounds kinda like a bratttt sound instead of the pop pop of the muffler, I LIKE IT Grin

IP Logged
HawkEye1967
2005 No Login

L. T. R..R. T. L
 Ridding for the Son

Reply #16 - 06/22/06 at 21:40:50

have changed the main jet to 220, now the low end start of throttle is bogging down, so does this mean too lean or that I need to change the pilot jet to a smaller one as it is now getting to much fuel at 1/8 throttle ???

IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #17 - 06/23/06 at 15:08:45

the piolt jet is a 25 it is what came with the carb. should have all the details by next wed. but what we are starting with is a 230 main and the neddle in the middle postion

I refuse to tiptoe through life...
Only to arrive safely at Death.
  IP Logged
HawkEye1967
2005 No Login

L. T. R..R. T. L
 Ridding for the Son

Reply #18 - 06/25/06 at 12:55:09

okay update on my carb,  running with the 220 still, but at the same time I had tried to change the float level as mine is too high ( I know only one change at a time)  I went back in and change the bend of the tab back to it's original spot, bike runs good overall, might try a 230 jet, but the float level is still too high.  I beleive that to change the float level I need to bend up the tab on the lever that contacts the pilot jet (is this right ???)  but when I did that I lost my low end, so then do I need to bend that tab and change the pilot at the same time?  not very knowledgeable about this, but I am willing to learn, Help Please!

IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #19 - 06/25/06 at 15:35:08

I do not know alot on carbs that is why I'am having  the stealership do it. Lancer is carb expert so shot him an instant message and he will be glad to help. Lancer has helped me alot Grin

I refuse to tiptoe through life...
Only to arrive safely at Death.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 23:18:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Amal carb & intake manifold

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.