Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
fringe for handgrips (Read 4 times)
starmom
Ex Member

fringe for handgrips
06/14/06 at 18:39:25

I would love to get some black leather fringe for my handgrips.

Anyone have a particular brand, website , style that works best.

how do they attach?

I was at the HD dealership with hubby to look at/order his  sportster and they had nothing.....i was very surprised!

I figured the collective experience would point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance......

sue

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Re: fringe for handgrips
Reply #1 - 06/15/06 at 12:18:07

mine were custom braided by a friend, debby is going to have a set braided for her bike also. our harley shop has the store bought versions in stock, i'm with you, very surprised your HD shop didn't have them. did you ask? maybe they were out of stock, or keep them elsewhere? i have not installed a store bought set, but it appears that there are two different types, leather wrap like a steerieng wheel cover, and braided like a chinese finger puzzle. either type should simply slide over the levers and tighten the straps. i love mine, especially in the summer, as i were shorty gloves, and the levers dont get hot in the sun anymore.
i have had great luck with denniskirk.com you can order a free catalog for the harley and/or the metric bike, free shipping on all orders over $100.00, excellent service and quick shipping. once you have there catalogs, (as big as the old sears catalog) then the dreaming really begins, plus you can get a pretty good look at what you're ordering. good luck

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
starmom
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/15/06 at 12:40:21

cool....

Thanks for the direction!

Sue

IP Logged
divecop
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/15/06 at 13:27:08

IP Logged
starmom
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/15/06 at 13:52:20

would that work on the stock grips? or would i have to get the same manufacture grips to go with the fringe?

thanks

IP Logged
Tomv
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/15/06 at 19:13:42

No mfg's product required.  J C Whitney has some nice ones.  Got mine locally at a HD repair shop.  Also, some people complain they 'whip' on your arm if wearing a short sleeve shirt.  RIDE SAFE!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:18:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › fringe for handgrips

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.