Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
pilot jet question (Read 1 times)
cyclenut73
Ex Member

pilot jet question
06/10/06 at 08:56:50

hey ya'll...  i know i'm probably about to ask a question that has been addressed before somewhere is this forum but i'll be darned if i can find the answers i'm lookin for Sad  so here goes..  i recently had my stock muffler replaced with a smaller fishtail type muffler that had been opened up considerably, i had put the k&n replacement filter in and changed the main jet to a 152.5, done the spacer mod to 1/2 and was happy with that for a little while.  i wanted to see if i could get a bit more out of the ol' girl so i put a k&n pod filter on (rc-1250) and holy crap!  i didnt think an air filter change would make that much difference.. before i could only get her to about 50 in 4th gear and now i can get to around 65 before i have to go to 5th.  but here is my dillema; at idle and in the low-midrange she is a bit weak and at times when stopping at a light or stop sign she wants to die on me.  do i need to go up a size or two on the pilot and could i go up to say a 155 on the main and try to get a bit more out of here on the high end?  any help will of course be more than appreciated.

IP Logged
Banger

Carpe Zookem

Tennessee, USA
Re: pilot jet question
Reply #1 - 06/10/06 at 09:03:22

New pilot sounds like a likely solution.

Be careful, however. I have the same problem when at stoplights sometimes, only the opposite. I'm running too rich on the pilot (with stock jetting!) and it's hard to get it right. Methinks I'll be doing a re-jet before too long, anway, coupled with the K&N drop-in and the famed snorkelectomy.

Regards,
Banger
=======

WWW   IP Logged
cyclenut73
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/10/06 at 09:18:46

if i'm correct the stock pilot is a #52.5?  i called around to a couple of bike shops this morning to see if they had #55 & #57.5 and i'll be darned if none of them (called 4 places; 2 suzuki, a honda and a harley shop) had pilots of this size in stock.  so i'm gonna have my suzuki dealer order them, they're only $2.50 each here.  plus i think i'm gonna go up to a #155 on the main just for giggles to see what she does.

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #3 - 06/10/06 at 12:51:28

I don't want to argue /  i am havving lotsa fun doing it Wink /, but the pilot jet rarely needs to be touched, unless You do something drastic.
Like a rule, if the bike is idling, you blip the trottle and the bike revvs up and after that dies- RICH. If You revv the bike and let go, but the bike is still "hanging' at 2K rpm - lean. Play with the idle screw.
If You are trying to accelerate and the bike just makes noise, but doesn't go anywhere /flat spot/- usually LEAN.
The best part- You spent couple of bucks and now You are havving so much fun !

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:21:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › pilot jet question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.