Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Finally! (Read 13 times)
Veritas
Ex Member

Finally!
06/08/06 at 13:40:38

I am now the owner of a bouncing baby S40!  Brand new 2005 S40... put the plate on her today!  Unfortunately, because of this stupid new england weather, I am forced to leave her at the dealer until it clears up.  But, she's mine!

They tried to talk me into the 4 year warranty for $899!  What the hell is that!?  He just put it on without even asking!  I said: "Hell no!"  I'll be voiding that warranty within the first few weeks anyways...

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: Finally!
Reply #1 - 06/08/06 at 13:52:43

Grin

IP Logged
DianeS.

Love my 2000 savage!

Ontario, Canada.
Reply #2 - 06/08/06 at 14:08:04

Enjoy!!!!! Grin

Green 2000 Savage purchased in Nov. 2005. Memphis fat windshield, Willie and Max Saddlebags, jardine slash cut muffler, engine case guard, Metzler 880 ME tires, fork brace, and carb re-jetted.
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 06/08/06 at 14:21:09

Congratulations!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Guido
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/08/06 at 17:44:19

Uh, he was trying to rip you off dude, the suzi extended warranty is $499. Covers everything except wearable items like oil, brakes, tires, etc. They told me at my scheduled service I would only be charged for oil and filter. Needless to say I turned it down. I'll pay as I go and do most of it myself. Gotta learn how to do those valves!!

IP Logged
Veritas
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/08/06 at 17:48:25

Exactly why I said take it off.  He was trying to tell me I wouldn't void the warranty by changing the muffler, opening up the carb, changing things.  I'm not putting a grand of warranty on a 4 grand bike.

I get to pick her up tomorrow!  Rain or shine, it's coming back to my driveway.

IP Logged
Veritas
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/08/06 at 17:51:45

So, should I wait on my 600 mile service to do the simple mods like the idle mix?  Or can that be done right away without a problem?

IP Logged
Guido
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/08/06 at 18:00:28

I decided to wait. Don't know what the majority opinion is. I just wanted to get it broken in a little and let everything seat the way it's supposed to. While I was waiting I stocked up on parts!! Still waiting for the Screamin Eagle. 3 weeks now. The  ebay seller sent it to the wrong address Angry waiting for the recipient to send it to me and I sent his item to him. What a pain.

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #8 - 06/08/06 at 18:35:22

First- Congrat's!
Second- screw any extended warranty- all these extended warranties and prepaid service plans are just a big scam.
Third- It doesnt have anything to do with the milage, sevices, waranties and so on. The rule is- first ride, evaluate, diagnose and after that -fix.
So first ride Your new bike as long as it is necessary to see what do You like and what You don't and after that go step by step.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #9 - 06/08/06 at 18:44:02

slavy wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
First- Congrat's!
Second- screw any extended warranty- all these extended warranties and prepaid service plans are just a big scam.
Third- It doesnt have anything to do with the milage, sevices, waranties and so on. The rule is- first ride, evaluate, diagnose and after that -fix.
So first ride Your new bike as long as it is necessary to see what do You like and what You don't and after that go step by step.

ditto.  

have fun
ride safe
enjoy
sluggo

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #10 - 06/08/06 at 19:45:38

Congratulations on the new bouncing baby S40.  I think the forecast is for almost an hour without rain this weekend.  Oh well. enjoy.  And personally I'd spend 4-500 miles getting used to it before diving in. Although, if blueing the pipes is what you hate to do, then some mods very early would be called for.

IP Logged
starmom
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/08/06 at 19:55:17

my suzi is also new and has only ll5 miles on it so far.

Im lovin it, and lovin that she is not too heavy, since we tipped over once in my friends driveway (not realizin the ground was really softer than i thought) and i was able to get her up quickly (no scratches)

since there is no gas gauge and the tank holds 2.7 gallons around every l00 miles i will just add 2 gallons. (easy to remember that way)

she has great get up and go and Im enjoying that downshifting occasional backfire.

Ive got her all dressed up, saddlebags, backrest and back rack, nice fringe for my grips will be next.

mine is that pearl baby blue color, lovin it!

Enjoy your new baby..........

sue

IP Logged
divecop
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 06/08/06 at 20:20:23

Veritas:

Congratulations on the new addition to your family.  Like Starmom I am also the proud owner of an S40...I rode mine until after the 600 mile check up before doing anything.  I just wanted to get it all broke in and I wanted the time to learn what I did and did not like.  

I have the red one and have added a few things to it and I love my S40...hopefully you will have some good weather and get to ride.

Welcome to the group from Arkansas... 8)

IP Logged
Veritas
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 06/09/06 at 00:11:00

Good weather forcasted for Sunday!   Grin

Trippah, I'd rather not blue the pipe.  Will doing just the idle mix help with that?  I'm pressed for time and I'd rather spend it riding for now.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #14 - 06/09/06 at 05:21:04

Congrats on the ride! - more than likely the spacer has the most effect on blue/gold control as that is where the throttle spends most of the time

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:20:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Finally!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.