Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
speedometer rattle (Read 6 times)
brent

speedometer rattle
05/25/06 at 19:41:09

has any one had any speedometer rattle  mine rattles and when i put my hand on it quits tryed to tighten up speedometer and it still rattles anybody got a fix for this????????? thanks----------- brent

IP Logged
Dorri Williams

Re: speedometer rattle
Reply #1 - 05/25/06 at 20:13:18

If you'll notice, directly above this post it says:  Posting Guidelines:  Do not post questions here.

Try searching, you'll find your answer.  If you can't find it, email me at dorri732@gmail.com and I'll help you.

IP Logged
Perry

Reply #2 - 05/26/06 at 15:34:00

I just bought my used 2001 Savage last week  and discovered that I have the same problem; otherwise love the bike.

Best I can tell, the gas tank has to be removed (two bolts between the tank and the saddle) to access the guages from the bottom.

Hope someone out there knows from experience and will share their fix.

pmanntex

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 05/28/06 at 11:34:10

do a search for "Slick speedo squeak fix?" for my solution.

??????
Posted by: Dorri Williams
If you'll notice, directly above this post it says:  Posting Guidelines:  Do not post questions here.  
??????
I don't see this posted anywhere?  Please clarify.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Reply #4 - 05/28/06 at 12:17:24

Serowbot wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
??????
Posted by: Dorri Williams
??????
I don't see this posted anywhere?  Please clarify.

serowbot, this post was moved here from the tech section where it was originally posted.

WWW   IP Logged
Perry

Reply #5 - 06/11/06 at 09:04:37

THE SOLUTION that will end all our rattling about the speedometer rattle noise . . .  

Rubber grommets 9/32" size from Home Depot (available in the specialty drawers that they have for 72 cents each).

Insert  into the holes on the three brackets attached to the gas tank. Apply a little spit first as it will help you get the  grommet to seat easier along with pressure from your thumb. Apply a light coating of a lubricant preferably compatible with rubber on the little steel rods that hold the speedometer housing, then add small plastic O-ring washer (also from  Home Depot available in the plumbing section or the little specialty drawers in the hardware section) placed between the spring and the grommet, and wah la----no more squeaking noise.  

The wear on the grommet should be minimal and  offer a longer solution that the heat shrunk covering on the rod that will rub against a sharp edge of the bracket.

Hard to believe that Suzuki did not pre-install grommets during the factory assembly--they should  be standard OEM!!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:18:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › speedometer rattle

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.