thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
hard 90s
05/09/06 at 21:49:52

been noticing on some of my agressive 90 degree turns a slight hop or slide in the rear wheel..
got the stock shocks(06 s 40) set on 4, 5 being the hardest kept crankin them up( over a few weeks)cause i was bottomin out the saddle bag bar on the belt guard
with  the wife on the back..#335 combined...
or cheap stock tires?? almost feels like small  oil slick or  something..more annoying than anything..got my gremlin bell hanging inside and below the right foot peg rang the bell a few times on mountain twisty roads no problem.. this hop(lack of better term) only happens in town at intersections(yeah i know slow down)left turn not as much as right...
any thought or insights apppreciated...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: hard 90s
Reply #1 - 05/10/06 at 01:50:40

Stock shocks and two up on the saddle with any kind of riding...the shocks are not up to it and you are getting the "waddle" movement. It is a bit of an abrupt fish-tail type movement.   That's why so many have put Progressives on their bikes.

IP Logged
bentwheel
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ride free, citizen

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #2 - 05/10/06 at 05:50:02

It is your shocks that are likely causing this. I'm a bit surprised to hear of 2006 shocks doing this. Mine are 20 years old and if I set them to pos.#2 (which causes the tire to rub on the fender) when riding in the city with lots of 90 degree turns it feels like my swing arm has a hinge. It is very annoying. My shocks are pooched and I can only use them set to the stiffest position. In your case, maybe you got a poor assembly build from a not very good breed of shock. I would go back to the dealer and advise him of the dangerous condition Suzuki has put you in. Brand new motorcycles are not supposed to handle this badly. It is going to be a tough sale to the dealer but be adamant, and you may get a replacement set of OEM shocks. Should this happen and the results turn out the same maybe you can get a set of Progressive's for dealer cost or less.

Bentwheel FSO
2006 Suzuki 650 V-Strom
1977 Yamaha XS360
1972 Honda CL175
  IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Reply #3 - 05/10/06 at 07:17:28

its not the shocks that for sure,its the tires. buy a quality tire and see the differance. when i got a cheap chen shing rear tire,it would slide around 90 degree turns but no where else,i actually got used to it and start having some fun with it,give it some gas when it starts to slide and its really fun Grin

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #4 - 05/10/06 at 07:33:25

both! with the springs set stiff and tires aired up for two,  you wont get much tolerance as one, everything is a compromise. re tires; when we got the wifes savage, it still had the origional IRC on the front (albeit 10yrs old), it would NOT stick. the rear had already been replaced with a dunlop, now a dunlop resides on the front too. it stays where you put it now.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 11:58:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › hard 90s

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.