Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
S40 Lighting (Read 7 times)
nyspin
Ex Member

S40 Lighting
05/08/06 at 06:17:27

Hi, I would like to add fog lights to my S40. Where can I find decent lights and what kind of mounts are available? Any input on this would be appreciated.
John

IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Re: S40 Lighting
Reply #1 - 05/08/06 at 13:06:10

Some I would definately NOT recommend are the cheap ones (something like $12 ? ) from JCWhitney.  They are shoddily built from shoddy materials and don't last all that long.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
SeattleSavage
Ex Member

http://www.bikepics.com/pics/pics/Re: S40 Lighting
Reply #2 - 05/08/06 at 22:11:01

Took a lot of looking to get mine right. then I went through three different style bulbs. I can find were I got the housing and bulbs for you if you like, but I mounted them with some old windshield mounting brackets, so you would have to find aftermarket mounting brackets which I can't help with. Light bars are the best, but ridiculous in cost.

Kev

IP Logged
SeattleSavage
Ex Member

Re: S40 Lighting
Reply #3 - 05/08/06 at 22:12:36

The other thing to watch is wattage. I'm running two 35 watts and the stock bulb and still haven't determined if the charging system can handle them.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 10:16:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › S40 Lighting

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.