Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What is my carb type (Read 14 times)
Lion

Budapest, Hungary
Re: What is my carb type
Reply #15 - 05/10/06 at 01:46:37

offtopic start
I like assembly language: no strange behaviours, mysterious bugs, mostly everything is black or white. You do something well or bad, no other ways.
offtopic end

I am gonna ask a mechanic to do the loosening for me. I don't want to break anything  Smiley

'96 LS400 (
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #16 - 05/10/06 at 07:00:38

/* More Off-Topic */
Self-taught programmer and way out of practice... learned in procedural C and Assembly, then later picked up some OO with Object Pascal and C++.  I also got into some Plex-C and Eri-Pascal working on Ericsson switches.  Assembly is also used there.  It started 15 years ago, when I learned to write utilities to make life easier as a switch tech but that was mostly a UNIX and DOS world.  With more and better canned programs, I've since faded to being a user for the most part.  It is interesting to have a clue when others talk about coding though.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #17 - 05/10/06 at 08:19:33

Dang if I didn't pull this thread into the gutter.... I think I can still write object code for 360/370's - you can't compile new o/s while it's running - got to zap (as in modify memory not to be confused with the Zero and Add Packed instruction) that  puppy  and the 6502 chip - man what a nightmare that one was - a whoping x and y register and the accumlator if you needed  to do something fancy like add Roll Eyes

come back reelthing! - man the dark side almost got me....

IP Logged
Lion

Budapest, Hungary
Reply #18 - 05/11/06 at 03:42:00

New info: I asked a mechanic (as I mentioned) to unscrew those 4 bolts on the bottom of the carb. We had to remove the seat and the accumulator with it's box. We used some unscrew-spray (or how do you call it)  and some cautious hammer knocking on the bolts. Finally they came out so I could check the main jet. And the size is:

132.5 !!!

What??  Shocked  Grin

So what size jet do I need to upgrade it to?

'96 LS400 (
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #19 - 05/11/06 at 04:02:21

Get several, starting with the #135, and work from there.  The idea with the main jet is to have as large as possible without running it too rich.  "Too rich" will  be when the bike starts to choke down at full throttle.  When that happens go back down one size jet.  That should then get you the highest speed at full throttle when compared to any other size main jet.

IP Logged
Lion

Budapest, Hungary
Reply #20 - 05/11/06 at 12:35:37

I ordered a 135 and a 137.5 one.

'96 LS400 (
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home